It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

tashamarie28 HB User
Crohns flaring

I am 28 and I was diagnosed with Crohns when I was 12. At first the doctors had no idea what was wrong with me and told my parents that it was something that I would outgrow. BAH!! I have had several severe flares but none that have required surgery. I have taken just about every type of medication for crohns and nothing seems to work. I have had some slight results with prednisone and 6-mp. Neither of which I am a fan of taking. I am a single mother of a four year old boy who has so much energy he can make me dizzy on certain days. I have been having a flare again for the past three weeks now and have dropped 23 pounds. I haven't been able to keep much in when I do find an appetite to eat so in turn I am very tired. It seems on certain days so much easier not to eat because then I don't have to deal with racing to the bathroom and being so exhausted when I come out. It is very hard on my son to know that I don't have much energy to play with him like he would like. I can usually catch a flare before it gets to be real bad. This time around however it seems unavoidable. I am not taking any medication right now as I am trying to avoid it and find something else that will work. I have read that different spices can help ease the stomach pains. Does anyone have any suggestions on what spices may help? I have also read that medical marijuana has helped for some people. Does anyone know how true that is? I have also been experiencing extreme amounts of nausea everyday, evening waking me up in the early morning hours. I have not been vomiting just severe nausea. Has anyone experienced this? And what would be suggestions for calming this? I am looking for any suggestions right now that avoids any type of medications if possible. It also makes it hard when my boyfriend just doesn't understand why I am tired and why I can't just eat something and feel better. He gets mad when I don't want to go out to eat or go to peoples houses for meals but I don't feel 'safe', so to speak, when I eat out. He thinks that I am just dragging out my symptoms and being lazy, when it reality I have no energy somedays but to get the bathroom. How to get some one to realize that this is a serious disease not something I just made up. Someone please give me some suggestions or options. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread