It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Has anyone trued the SCD diet?

If you have please let me know, i am thinking of starting it but it says I could eat things like red meat pork and olive oil. I have been avoiding that stuff, please let me know if you have tried and what are the results

Thanks

Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Re: Has anyone tried the SCD diet?

Sorry I meant "tried the SCD diet"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
(female)

glowworm20z HB User
Re: Has anyone trued the SCD diet?

Hi! I'm new to this board, but I just started the diet after researching extensively. I'm only 4 days in, so I can't say if it is working yet, but so many people have been close to cured with this diet. I just read the book "Breaking The Vicious Cycle" by Elaine Gottschall. The diet is explained there, it is a must read if you are considering the diet.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-10-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
(female)

natsiw HB User
Re: Has anyone trued the SCD diet?

I did try the SCD diet 2 years ago. I was having a bout of UC that was not improving despite the Asacol I was taking. I had absolutely amazing results on the diet. Within 3 months I was completely in remission. The first month the results were slow in coming, and some days I felt like giving up. But I'm so glad I stayed on it. Read the book by Elaine Gottschall "Breaking the vicious cycle" and commit to it.

Now, 2 years later I'm on the SCD again due to a flare, although its not working as quickly, but I still believe I'm way better off than eating what I'd usually be eating. Also, just started Metamucil capsules and fish oils.

Give it a try. Its a heathy way to eat.

Closed Thread