It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
(male)

Shadowtag HB User
Partner with Crohn's

I don't know if anyone else has even done this but my partner's been on fentanyl patches for at least six or seven years due to chronic abdominal pain from her Crohn's. Now because of an insurance fiasco she's off of them. The withdrawal's surprisingly not so bad, but going back to the pain has left her unable to eat or sleep.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, she's got a severe case. I guess I just wanted to see if anyone else had ever done this. I know it isn't an ideal treatment by any means.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
(female)

MsNica HB User
Re: Partner with Crohn's

I know of one person who has gone that route, I went close but never as far as the patches. I eventually took myself off the pain meds and went back to traditional treatment.At the time I went to just pain management there was nothing left to try medically. The scar tissue left from not treating the actual disease and just the pain was astronomical. Thankfully, Humira works for me and has healed the scar tissue. I hope your wife is still seeing a GI regularly and still taking meds for her Crohn's. In 6 years several new medications have come out...maybe one will work for her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread