It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
(male)

mchughman HB User
What was thought to be E-Coli...

Hello all, 9 day's ago I had found out that I had a really bad case of UC, I had suffered from UC symptoms for about 6 weeks, In the 6 weeks I went to an local doc, he did blood tests and said to me that it looked like E-Coli, That was it.. He told me to come back in a week, and so I did, he then went on to say things like this takes time to clear up, and that I should not have any worry's about it. He give me no pills or anything for this ''E-Coli''.

So I waited for a long time for this really bad pain, blood, and that to go away, but it never, things became worse, I lost 2stone, became very pale, and was starting to be sick every time I put food in my mouth, it had come to the time where I had given up, so I went into A&E, And as soon as I walked into the door they had put me right into the bed, and fired drips at me, my heart rate was really high, they also found out that my white blood cells where to high, and so I was transported to an other Hospital but made to sleep in A&E for a day and a half with no full treatment because I was not in an Hospital ward. I could have been there for days and slowly I was getting the feeling that my body was just going to give up, my stools became blood, just blood, But luckily, one Doc came to see me, walked away, came back and said he had got me a bed in a ward. As soon as I was put in the ward, they stuck liquid in me to clear out my bottom, with in an hour of being placed in the ward they moved me to the camera room, stuck it in, and within 2mins the guy turned to me and said that I had a very bad flare up of ulster coloitus, so much so that my colon was starting to die. Luckily I've responded to all treatments and after 9 days in Hospital I'm out again, living a new lifestyle.

I'm a little worried, I mean I trusted that GP and he told me that I had E-Coli, even after blood tests. I really want to complain about him because he made me suffer for 6 weeks. I mean how can I trust an other GP again? Should I just go Private from now on and pay £200 to be looked at?

Well that was my story, I wanted to share it with you all but I do need some help with the diet. Witch is why I'm really here.

So the diet plan for me is not to have any Fiber for 6 weeks, after the 6 weeks I can start to build it up again (So the woman says) However, I don't understand what it all means, does it mean after 6 weeks I can eat all the crap of the day till I get to a fiber limit again? Do I just increase my intake a little more like eat some foods that seem to be currently forbidden to me? I don't get it honestly. How do you guys deal with the diet thing? I'm really depressed about the whole thing because most of the foods that I like, I can't eat now. =(

Thanks! And I'd like to hear any storys that might be like mine. Should I complain about the GP?

Last edited by mchughman; 02-26-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Re: What was thought to be E-Coli...

That is some story, happy to see you feeling better. I had my Bad Flare in November and I am just starting to feel better now, the meds work and I have changed my diet.

If you can tolerate dairy you should try the SCD diet, it works and the food is not bad. My biggest problem is the morning, I can not tolerate diary and your really not supposed to eat bread but i cant figure out what to eat in the morning. I am going to start trying to make some SDC muffins and see if that hold me over

Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
(female)

jujumcm HB Userjujumcm HB User
Re: What was thought to be E-Coli...

hi mchughman,
welcome to the forum,
thats a horrible story. sorry you had to go through that. did they say how extensive the colitis is. has it spread throughout. the best way to keep fibre down is to imagine how your poor bowel looks. all swollen and bleeding. you wouldnt wanna put anything through there that would tear it up again. so to allow it to heal quicker cut roughage(sp) out of your diet. you know the peel of apples, nuts, popcorn high fibre cereals etc. you can still eat brown bread and fruit and veg and porridge but theyll have to be cooked better. salads should be avoided for a while too.
im a health nut too and though loads of fruit fibre and veggies is the way to go but not for us ucer's and esp during a flair. itll take a while to get used to but you have the rest of your life cuz it aint going away.

Closed Thread