It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
(female)

Marleymo HB User
New to boards need advice

Hi all new to this site really looking for advice please, have been suffering for last 6 weeks with lower left flank pain runny stools blood (bright red) had colonoscopy nov 11, clear had ct scan showed diverticular, had been symptom free for 10 months, in the last 3 weeks I have been prescribed 4 different antibiotics, predisolone (steroids) and proctoform (internal steroids) and still no releif, and and also everything I eat although my appetite is very small at the moment, I have to run to the bathroom, if anyone else has had anything like this I would love to here about it, I just feel so alone, thanks for reading guys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Re: New to boards need advice

Don't Fell Alone- because your not....I know that is easy to say but hard to practice, trust me! I am not a doctor, but that sounds like IBD (UC or Crohns) - Do you have a GI, if you do go back for more testing.

In the mean time, go on the BRAT diet. That helped me when I had my bad flare. That is Bananas, Rice (white), Apples (peeled) and Toast (White) - If you cant stomach Apples use Apple Sauce...

The Following User Says Thank You to SickinNJ For This Useful Post:
Marleymo (04-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
(female)

Marleymo HB User

Thanks for your reply, have a appointment with consultant in 2weeks, had 2 injections Saturda, buscopan and difine and felt little better, also on new medication, had no appetite but since we r celebrating Easter and all the chocs it is hard to resist, us Irish love our chocs lol,, thanks again and I will try the above diet although I hav never heard of it does it releive symptoms,,,, thanks again take care.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User

The BRAT diet is a treatment historically prescribed for patients with gastrointestinal distress such as diarrhea, dyspepsia, and/or gastroenteritis. The BRAT diet consists of foods that are relatively bland and low in fiber. Low-fiber foods were recommended as it was thought that foods high in fiber cause gas and possibly worsen gastrointestinal upset.

Ask any Doctor and they will tell you that this diet is not a long term solution but a short term option to stop the pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to SickinNJ For This Useful Post:
Marleymo (04-09-2012)
Closed Thread