It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

tlc4me1972 HB User
At a Loss, please help

Hi, I'm new to this board but I'm at a total loss on what's going on with me. I am not diagnosed with anything yet but waiting to get in to see a GI doctor. Here is my problem. Pain in my lower abdomen when I eat. Sometimes it can be as little as a cracker, other times it's steak, potatoes, etc. Not just mild pain, but full on doubled over, sweating, nausea, kill me now pain. No antacid touches it. Then we have the extremely irregular bowel issues. Sometimes loose, sometimes not but always painful! I've been to emerg a number of times and they send me home saying, nothing we can do. I'm tired of all of this and a friend said it sounds like an ibd or Crohns. Anyone have similar stuff going on or have any advice? I'm back to my dr tomorrow to demand painkillers and pray someone has some answers.

Thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Re: At a Loss, please help

It sounds like what I experienced before being diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis this past November, but it could also be other things. The only thing you can do is wait to see your doctor, I would tell you to just watch your temp. If you start to get a temp before you see the GI of 101 or higher then go to the emergency room.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
(female)

jujumcm HB Userjujumcm HB User

hi tic,
Im juju, i was dxd with uc last year after a colonoscopy in june. my symptoms started with blood in the stool that got worse and the i started getting lots of moucous as well. i think the main symptom thats common with uc is blood. if you are getting no blood and a mix of diarrhea and constipation you could have colitis or irritable bowel syndrome but the only way of knowing for sure is a colonoscopy. they will take biopsies to find the cause if they suspect colitis. i have a friend with ibs and it got so bad 1 time she had to miss a flight. she said she was crawling around on the floor she felt so bad. also just a thought have you considered gall stones as the culprit. keep at the docs, persevere with tests.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
(female)

jujumcm HB Userjujumcm HB User

hi tic,
Im juju, i was dxd with uc last year after a colonoscopy in june. my symptoms started with blood in the stool that got worse and the i started getting lots of moucous as well. i think the main symptom thats common with uc is blood. if you are getting no blood and a mix of diarrhea and constipation you could have colitis or irritable bowel syndrome but the only way of knowing for sure is a colonoscopy. they will take biopsies to find the cause if they suspect colitis. i have a friend with ibs and it got so bad 1 time she had to miss a flight. she said she was crawling around on the floor she felt so bad. also just a thought have you considered gall stones as the culprit. keep at the docs, persevere with tests.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
(male)

Blood is not always present with UC, I have never has an ounce of blood in my stool or bowl. All I would say is before people on this board, like me have you going crazy just relax and wait to see the doctor. Stress triggers anything to do with the stomach, that is why positive people can deal with these things better thank worry wort's like me

Old 04-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
(female)

tlc4me1972 HB User

Thank you so much for your advice. I went back to my family doc and they got me in to see a GI but not until July. All of them 'surface tests' as my doc called them are normal but she said that doesn't mean I am fine, just means they are unsure of what exactly it is. I will just hope and pray and try not to stress.

Thank you

Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
(male)

Stress will just make it worse. Just go on a bland diet, stay away from to many carbs, red meat and sugars and you will have less pain. Also remember, it can get better

Closed Thread