It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
(female)

Corina Sell HB User
Healthy

Hey guys,
I have gone on a 6 week detox plan where I've elliminated meat, wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar and caffein.
So basically I can eat fruit, veggies, grains and fish. I am also taking probiotics, digestive enzymes and fish oil captuals.

I'm 2 weeks in and have not had a stomach complaint (That's really exciting for me), however I realise that I am missing out on protein.

What protein powders upset your stomach the least?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Re: Healthy

Well your not missing out on proteins if your eating fish and veggies. Fish and Veggies have almost the same amount of proteins as read meat and poultry. A 6-ounce broiled porterhouse steak is a great source of protein—about 40 grams worth. But it also delivers about 38 grams of fat, 14 of them saturated. That's more than 60 percent of the recommended daily intake for saturated fat. The same amount of salmon gives you 34 grams of protein and 18 grams of fat, 4 of them saturated. A cup of cooked lentils has 18 grams of protein, but under 1 gram of fat.

Stay away from protein shakes as most of them contain whey products and artificial sweeteners, it can and will upset your stomach and what your trying to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread