It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

Tiffystar HB User
What is this? Any Suggestions or similar cases?

This may be long so please bare with me

A little background info. I am 20 years old and with the execption of the last 8 (or so) months I am generally pretty healthy.
I eat fairly well, I drink a lot of water and green tea. I exercise regulary.

It started last year around my birthday, which is in November in 2011.

It started with back pain near my sacral area and constant diahrrea. I tried going to the hospital, they felt the area and said they didn't feel anything and sent me home. I was having a BM about 7+ times a day. It was very loose and would hit me all of a sudden (which still happens, when I have to go i HAVE to go NOW)

Well, that part has kind of gone away. Now I am only going about 1-3 times a day. But it is still very loose. I've had blood and mucus as well as white specks. A few times I have had marble sized balls in my stool. Dark colored and squishy.
I also have nasuea and stomach pain. Mostly on my left side but it seems to be going to the right side now.
The past week or so I have had severe constipation. Which is when everything just feels worse. Which makes me have really bad gas (not smelly, just a lot of it) But I have a hard time passing gas. My stool is also (generally) more narrow than it was before all of this started.

No foods seems to trigger it. It just happens.

On top of that, I have been switching birth control lately but I have been off of it for 3 months. I bled towards the end of June. I had sex on this past Saturday (unprotected, no BC or condoms) and I have been bleeding since Saturday. Very heavy and very clotty.

I have had several different times where I would have sex (this is while I was on birth control) and I would start bleeding. Note: I do mean vaginal bleeding.

For the past 3 days, I am having problems with my hands and elbows. They are very stiff and hurt. Which makes writing this a bit difficult.

Is all of this related??/ Or am I having different problems at the same time?

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read all of that, I am sure I have left some things out but this is the basics of what I have been going through.

I am also scared to take a laxative becaue it says that you shouldn't take it if you have stomach pain and nausea, I have both.

EDIT: I did forget to mention that I have been on an IBS med, which is doing nothing at all.

Last edited by Tiffystar; 07-06-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I left something out..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
(female)

StephB HB User
Re: What is this? Any Suggestions or similar cases?

I have ulcerative colitis and have been diagnosed since 1999. My wrists, elbows, and other joints hurt often. I spoke with my internalist about it and he thinks it is a type of arthritis due to the inflammation that the colitis has been inflicting over the years. Even with being on anti-inflammatory meds it still hurts. He has backed me off of some of my meds to see if maybe the medication was too much. I know right before, during and a few days after my period my bowels are all screwed up.. diarrhea 4 times an hour to constipation and a lot of gas.. needless to say my intestinal area hasn't felt right in years.. my normal is not normal. I did have my vit D levels checked and they were really low (10 and it should be 50-70) which I was told can really cause body "aches" and joint pain also. I don't know but I have been taking D3 and it has helped with the joint pain some, so maybe have that checked. Its a simple blood test. Or you could try taking D3 and see if it helps. I am on 5000ui a day, I just add it to the meds I am already on My menstraul cycles have been extremely clotty as well and the more clots it seems the more gas i have.. I take 2 gas pills when this occurs and just keep taking it as I need it.. otherwise try laying on your bed with your butt in the air (like a little kid might sleep) or put a pillow under your lower back while laying in bed and pull your knees up as far as you can (picture someone giving birth) but try and keep your head flat.. that helps releave the pressure sometimes also. Other than that I don't know what advice to give you, I just know what I have tried. Also mint tea is awesome and helps a lot, I get the pepermint tea bags for hot tea and put 2 bags in a coffee cup and mix with hot water.
Hope you get to feeling better

Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
(female)

sally1440 HB User

I would make sure to see a doctor about those symptoms. Whenever you have blood you need to get it checked out. You may have uc or chrones.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

You need to see a gastro doctor this could many things but it needs to be looked at by the proper doctor

Closed Thread