It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
(female)

jalynn07 HB User
Colitis but normal colonoscopy???

Back a fedw months ago I went to the ER after having left lower quad pain for 4 days. They did a CT scan and it showed imflamation in my sigmoid colon area and my blood work showed some infection. I was admitted to the hospital for a few days and given antibotics. I had a colonoscopy and my husband said that the DR didn't find anything. I don't know if he took any tissue samples. I have a lot of stomach pain and was hoping to get some kind of answer. Maybe it was just a one time thingi don't know. Anyone else had a normal colonospy and still have some kind of imflamatory bowel condition?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Colitis but normal colonoscopy???

Who was the doctor that did the c-scope?

What exactly are your symptoms at this point.
q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
(female)

jalynn07 HB User
Re: Colitis but normal colonoscopy???

A gastro dr did the colonoscopy. Back the end of July I started out with upper right quardart pain. I figured it was phantom pains from having my gallbladder taken out 8 months prior. after having that pain for a week I had a sudden onset of left lower quadart pain and had diarhea, i normally am constipated. After 4 days I went to the Dr who said it could be diverticulitis. Later that evening I went to the ER because of the pain and the meds my general dr gave me I can't take. They did blood work and a ct. The Ct scan showed imflamation to my sigmoid colon. I was admited to the hospital for iv antibotic because the blood work showed elevated white blood count. So yesterday I had a colonoscopy and my husband said the doctor said everything looked good and he didn't see anything. I am only 27 but for as long as I can remember I have had issues with my stomach. I still have pains in my stomach from time to time. Fro the past 2 days my right upper quad has been hurting, what I call phantom pains but I guess it could be something else. I had the same pain prior to having my gallbladder removed and didn't have any of the normal gallbladder problems all i had was pain and a low ejection fraction of 5%. I also haven't had any of the common issues people who have had their gallbladder out have. I don't know what it is that is wrong.

Closed Thread