It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
(male)

jacktwo HB User
Crohns patient trouble gaining extra weight

Hello,

I am a crohn's patient. I had the disease untreated for 3 years before it was found by the hospital and doctors and now I am on Infliximab infusion every 2 months and take azathioprine everyday.

My crohn's dismisses fibre filled foods, and acidic or citrous foods. Any kind of vegetable that is green, or fiberous, or has alot of citrus or acidic compounds to it puts me into ultra painful and exhausting crohns attacks of my gut and my back.

Thankfully due to my meds and 100% fat, protein, carb, suger and salt based diet I am not experiencing any problems anymore and I think I am now in remission - I have not had an attack for nearly a year now. There are some days where I feel my crohns might be trying to test me but the meds really do kick in and stop it.

My problem though is I am having trouble gaining any extra weight. I am able to keep myself at 165 lbs. Im trying to push towards 176 lbs which is 80 kilos.

I'm not gonna lie, or hide it - but i love being bulky and fat. I am 5 ft 5 inches, so I know I am already heavily overweight for my body and height, but I dont care. I don't want to go back down to 126 lbs. That's what I used to be at my absolute worst with my crohns suffering when I was not on inxliximab. I could not absorb any nutrients even when on azathioprine. the infliximad and aza together is a miracle for me and really works and Im able to gain and keep weight. but I am struggling to get past 165 lbs. No matter how much I stuff down me, I can't get it up.

Is there anything I can do to gain it easily? If I went to the gym and did heavy weights would I gain that extra weight I want? If I were to stop gyming after I gained it, would it turn to fat and would the weight stick there so long as I don't exercise?

Please just help me by answering the question. I know it is bad to be at the weight I am or want to get to for the height of my body, but like I said, I dont care and I have my own reasons. So i dont need answers telling me that I should not aim to do that in the first place. Just advise me on what to do to get what I want. Please. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread