It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
(female)

Ambee102 HB User
What are your Symptoms?

I am having trouble getting a doctor to find out what is wrong with me. My husband and I have a feeling it may be Crohn's. Well I was wondering if you could tell me your symptoms when it first started and how it is now? I am now thinking that it may be something I have had longer than I thought. I did have to go to doc about 3-4yrs ago for stomach pain and they gave me prilosec for 2 weeks which cured it. Then a couple years ago i was having severe stomach and digestive problems which I noticed to be related to milk. I then stopped consumming it and felt so much better. Been dairy free since then with the occasional bite. a 1 and a half yrs ago I had to be on doxycycline for a year for a chronic infection. Well 8 months into the medicine I noticed some more stomach and digestive problems. Now everything is all messed up. I know antibiotics can mess you up. I do know there is a report on doxy causing crohns. Which my gi doc kinda ignored. He said I should be better if I would stop the doxy so I did and 6 months later I am still no better. Anyways I was wondering if I could have had crohns or some other autoimmune disease all this time and the symptoms were flaring up but the prilosec and the dairy free diet suppressed the symptoms. Then the doxy made it become active again. Could that be possible?

Last edited by Ambee102; 10-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Closed Thread