It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

ashley721 HB User
Exclamation Could it be crohns?

For a few years now I have known that I have had a very sensitive stomach. I had never brought it up to my doctor, but now that I am going away to college next year I feel that I need an answer to my issue. Most of the time when I go out to eat at a restaurant, I end up with a horrible stomach ache. I feel fine at first but then about 20-30 minutes later I suddenly get nauseas and have horrible pains and need to go to the bathroom asap. I usually have diarrhea and end up in the bathroom for a quite a while. I also have other abnormalties that might be connected to my stomach issues. I'm currently 18 years old and first got my period when I was about 13. It is very irregular, for instance, the last time I got it was in June and it is currently November. Also, i have very itchy skin and have eczema, seasonal and a few medication allergies, and I have a little bit of anxiety. And lastly, I read a few articles that say there might be a link between crohns and kidney stones. This past June I ended up in the emergency room because I had my first (and hopefully only) kidney stone. Please please please someone let me know what you think of my symptoms. I have friends that have crohns and they said that the same bathroom issue happened to them. Also both parents have some sort of digestive issue.

Last edited by ashley721; 11-20-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

alana7789 HB User
Re: Could it be crohns?

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. My digestive issues started while I was in high school as well, and it is really difficult!
It sounds like you may have Crohn's or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Definitely go to your family doctor and get a referral to a GI. That is definitely something you want to get under control before going off to college, trust me! I really hope everything works out for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
(female)

suky51 HB User
Re: Could it be crohns?

Hello

I had severe diarrhoea, weight loss and stomach pain, lost 3 stone in 6 weeks, doctors said it was all in my mind and needed to see a psychiatrist. I refused and after seeing a surgeon he put me under the knife so to speak and had a laparotomy where part of my intestines were removed and found that I had crohns disease. Everytime I have problems no matter what they are my stomache goes into spasms but I do know what it is now so I can cope. It is not knowing what is wrong is the main concern

My nan died from bowel cancer and my neice at the age of 17 was dianosed with Ulcerative Coilitis who had a iliostomy fitted. So it does range in my family

Last edited by Administrator; 11-22-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Closed Thread