It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

MichelleMcDaid HB User
Seton possibly coming out?

Hi all, I had a seton inserted in a perianal fistula 5 weeks ago (I have Crohns). A few days ago, all of a sudden the seton seemed to hang much looser than it was and a small bit of blue thread came out. Now it seems to have started to untie itself, there are two bits hanging out. Also, the fistula wound seems to have turned some of itself out (if you can work out want I mean, some of it is on the outside, I think). I rang the surgeon's secretary and today, missed the phone call from the surgeon. He left a message saying it was nothing to be worried about. However, the only information he had was that it was loose, I hadn't explained to the secretary that two bits of it were hanging out. Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience with setons and if what I'm experiencing is normal? If a seton does come out, how will I know if it is and what happens then? Will I have to have a full operation again? Thanks. Also, I'm in the UK so with the NHS.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
What are the chances? Jenna1104 Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 0 04-16-2011 01:39 AM
Fifths, crohns and arthritis fifthand47 Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 1 03-25-2010 11:08 PM
Bowel resection possibly due to mass/crohns/diverticular disease. Chocolicious Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 4 01-07-2010 02:51 PM
Ulcerative Colitis + Colon Cancer... Steven94598 Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 40 11-02-2007 04:39 AM
Crohn's Disease Sgibbs Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 3 01-23-2007 01:57 PM