It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

NHChic HB User
Ischemic Colitis

Two weeks ago, I had horrendous stomach pains. Awful, unable to go to the bathroom, I thought I was going to die. All of a sudden, fine one minute then the next, boom.

I left work early went home, finally went to bthroom(black diarrhea), took some Immodium and rested. At 130 am the next am, woke up to what I thought was a blockage. My stomach was gurgling like mad, and I couldnt go to the bathroom, nor pass any gas whatsoever.

a few hours later, I went to ER, my lipase and amalyse levels were high, and pancreas was inflamed. They deemed it pancreatitis, they did several tests and found sludge, but no gallstones in my gallbladder. They presume I had a crystal or stone escape and block my pancreatic duct as it was dilated.

Now, the results also stated that I had bowel wall thickening, and not to rule out Ischemic Colitis, and the ER never even mentioned that.

I am confused about this. I know one cant cause the other, and I do have diverticulosis. But can someone give me an idea as to why the colitis wasnt looked at further? This condition sounds dangerous.

Im in my 40's, but Im wondering if a colonoscopy will show something.
Im nervous something is going on in my bowels that i need to have checked out.

It is also suggested that I have my gallbladder removed.

But whats up with this Ischemic Colitis? When I was 14 I had an oophorectomy, on the left side I believe. Could this cause bowel wall thickening or strangulation? Im scared.

Thank you.
Ive never had digestive issues at all. Im very healthy, but my daughter has Crohns.

Last edited by NHChic; 12-10-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Forgot info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread