It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

msnyc1952 HB User
Unhappy Crohn's

Been diagnosed with this nightmare for a little over 5yrs now. Frecuent flares that don't let me go or do anything outside my home, always looking for a restroom when i do go out. Been on meds but, seem not doing the job. Does anyone know of anything that can control this.?

The following user gives a hug of support to msnyc1952:
elizabeth62 (03-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
(female)

wildsurf HB User
Re: Crohn's

Hi,
many things are more homeopathic to look at when meds aren't working so great. I thought I might have Crohn's after lots of tummy trouble. Things that might help are , you might have to look around a bit for them:

Probiotics: take these in tablet form with each meal to help digestion and reduce gas
Aloe Vera tablets: These are great at reducing inflammation in the gut and colon
Aloe Vera juice: This is really good to soothe inflammation, many sufferes swear by it
Vitamin D: If you don't get much sunlight, vitamin D would be great to stock up on. It's useful in autoimmune diseases because it helps regulate the immune system
Omega 3 fish oil, good for inflammation and overall health.
regular multi vitamin is also a good idea
lemon grass and ginger smoothie (may have to make yourself) Ginger is great for nausea

Diet: People with Crohn's should avoid very bulky foods as these are hard to digest and cause pain, more liquid based foods like soup, smoothies etc are good
Some people say that Crohn's can actually be cured by going on a special diet. This may work for some but not others.
Cut out dairy for a month, note any differences. If you notice positives, avoid dairy for good. Do this with gluten as well.
A raw food diet is meant to work wonders but is hard to adhere to.
Avoid: Lots of wheat and milk, alcohol, lots of sugar, spicy food, greasy/oily food
Food diaries are good
Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Are you not on any medications at this time?

Where exactly is your CD located?

q

Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnyc1952 View Post
Been diagnosed with this nightmare for a little over 5yrs now. Frecuent flares that don't let me go or do anything outside my home, always looking for a restroom when i do go out. Been on meds but, seem not doing the job. Does anyone know of anything that can control this.?
Our oldest child was diagnosed as a young adult. She'd lived a very healthy life and then suddenly fell ill and lost tuns of weight very quickly. Steroids knocked her into remission, and she credits the scd (Breaking the Vicious Cycle) with keeping her there, drug free and symptom free for the past 7 years.

Our teenage son has just been diagnosed, now, too and we are hoping that he will have the same result, but we don't know how it will work for him. I read that the diet works for 80% of people.

It's all so frightening! I just spent 6 days in the hospital and with him and had to watch him suffer so much. It's a terrible disease!

Last edited by elizabeth62; 03-12-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Reply Reply