It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
(female)

Mrss82 HB User
Nobody understands

I find that most people don't understand what I'm going though, i feel that they think its me being attention seeking when in actual fact I'm in pain with my colitis and I don't try to be anti social just sometimes I can't go out the house. My fiancée has been great, it's more my so called friends that are not very supportive how can I make it clear that its a silent illness that unless you are going through it, you won't understand how serious it can be?

Old 06-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Nobody understands

Do you have ulcerative colitis or Crohn's colitis or other?

What medications are you on.

In truth.....I don't care if people don't understand...they can't unless they're going through the exact same thing you are and in the exact same situation. Even those of us with UC cannot fully relate to one's situation since we live different lives, are on different meds, and have different symptoms when flaring or not flaring.

What meds are you on exactly?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
(female)

StephB HB User

I'm sorry, trust I have been where you are. I was diagnosed at the beginning of my senior year of high school. Not everyone understands, the best way I can explain it to people is its like having the stomach flu only a little more randomonly. It is hard for people to understand though and its great that your fiance understands. It took me a while to find a guy who didn't think I was just "attention seeking"... hell even some doctors have thought that.. I actually had a GI ask me if some of the things I was complaining of were in my head... Seriously! And yes I did find a new doctor who took me seriously and we are working on things. Its just hard because not everyone understands. I know my symptoms are different than others, and like it was noted before we all have different symptoms. Just hang in there, and unfortunately you may lose some "friends" along the way, but really if they don't believe you are they true friends? Do you have a support group in your area perhaps? Otherwise just do the best you can, thats all you truly can do.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
(female)

abby20 HB User

I went to the grocery store on Monday, ended up in the ER very horrible place, they blew 4 veins with to large IV set ups. CT said I had an inflamed colon. Antibiotic was Zoysin, very nasty side effects, I was told it had very little. HUH look it up a 150 at least, including a now bladder infection, kidney's hurt, ab still hurts, constipation, then it all broke lose with 2 ducolax's. Sore throat, can't sleep, cold, actually freezing, and the house is warm. Head hurts as does R ear and neck. Upset stomach, it over rode 80 mg Nexium. Why do technicians see an adult and think they all have large veins and use the biggest IV set ups? I have veins like a 5 year old most of the time. Will the inflamed colon go away? The RX I was given has all the same side effects as Zoysin which I will never take again it is so horrible. I don't have Chron's I fell on my ab hard last year and bruised my entire ab wall and ribs, then 2 weeks later I fell backward and hit my L 4/5 compression fracture that the super aggressive PT had just popped the week before. No treatment for it except a failed facet nerve block. It took me weeks to learn to walk more than a few feet, and riding in those wheelchair carts at the store is the pits, Ever hear of BREAKS for those things so they won't jerk you hard when you let off the lever? Make it more like a car.

Last edited by abby20; 10-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Reply Reply