It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: buffalo ny
Posts: 80
mommyjen25 HB User
worried just had amneo done

hi i was just wondering if there was anybody out there thats going through the same thing me and fiance are going through. im 18 weeks pregnant just found out a few weeks ago i tested positive for cystic fibrosis gene and we just got the test results back from my fiance he also tested positive for the gene. i just went 4 or 5 days ago for the amneo that wasnt to bad a little cramping and stinging but it wasnt as bad as people were telling it was gonna be and the baby made it through the amneo no problems. but now im sitting here sooooo worried about our results i know we have a 75 percent chance that the baby is going to be fine but that 25 percent chance still scares me. is there anybody else thats waiting for there results or just found out that maybe we can talk about this i just need someone to talk to that went through this before or is in the same boat as me and my fiance. i also have a 3 year old hes fine so im soooo happy about him now its this baby im worried about.

 
Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Andover, MA
Posts: 2
Eppy30 HB User
Re: worried just had amneo done

My husband and I have the same problem. We were able to have a CVS test done (which is done at 11-13) weeks. Just remain positive! Worrying will just make it worse and at this point it is completely out of your hands! The odds are completely in your favor.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ, USA
Posts: 1
peanut2008 HB User
Re: worried just had amneo done

Hello,
I know this was a while ago but i wanted to know what the results were and what your decision was? the reason i am asking is because i was on the same boat a week ago and although i have already made my decision and am at peace with it i wanted to know how you are doing now.

 
Old 02-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,006
Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: worried just had amneo done

We didn't find out until our son was born that he had CF. While we found out fairly soon after he was born, sometimes I think it would've been nice to find out ahead of time, to prepare ourselves. Sorta felt blindsided. All we knew about CF was what we'd seen on a medical show. Fortunately, we were put in contact with a CF team right away, contact the national CF organization...

Today we have a very healthy, active preschooler. He's such a joy. Very happy, very busy. We have some things we have to do to keep his lungs healthy -- medications, chest physiotherapy. But we make it work. I can't imagine life without him.

Last edited by Ratatosk; 02-04-2008 at 11:42 AM.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Really worried missingyou HIV Prevention 28 04-29-2010 06:41 AM
Asthma getting worse and worried.. finalfantasia Asthma 4 04-21-2010 11:50 AM
Masturbation question, worried could get cancer? worrier2010 Sexual Health - Women 4 03-10-2010 06:40 PM
Worried... mmanna Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 0 01-12-2010 05:09 AM
Nodule in lung. Not there a year ago. Worried. Rick540 Cancer: Lung 2 04-02-2009 08:50 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Albuterol
Augmentin
Flonase
Pulmicort
Prednisone
  Tylenol Ultrase
Xopenex
Zantac
Zithromax




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Ratatosk (4), pinstripe1981 (1), vampalicious (1), Jess mom (1), LadyGreenSleeves (1), sherry092 (1), Titchou (1), luckydraw (1), Hope1986 (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1168), MSJayhawk (1000), Apollo123 (899), Titchou (836), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (748), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!