It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

mommyjen25 HB User
worried just had amneo done

hi i was just wondering if there was anybody out there thats going through the same thing me and fiance are going through. im 18 weeks pregnant just found out a few weeks ago i tested positive for cystic fibrosis gene and we just got the test results back from my fiance he also tested positive for the gene. i just went 4 or 5 days ago for the amneo that wasnt to bad a little cramping and stinging but it wasnt as bad as people were telling it was gonna be and the baby made it through the amneo no problems. but now im sitting here sooooo worried about our results i know we have a 75 percent chance that the baby is going to be fine but that 25 percent chance still scares me. is there anybody else thats waiting for there results or just found out that maybe we can talk about this i just need someone to talk to that went through this before or is in the same boat as me and my fiance. i also have a 3 year old hes fine so im soooo happy about him now its this baby im worried about.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
(female)

Eppy30 HB User
Re: worried just had amneo done

My husband and I have the same problem. We were able to have a CVS test done (which is done at 11-13) weeks. Just remain positive! Worrying will just make it worse and at this point it is completely out of your hands! The odds are completely in your favor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

peanut2008 HB User

Hello,
I know this was a while ago but i wanted to know what the results were and what your decision was? the reason i am asking is because i was on the same boat a week ago and although i have already made my decision and am at peace with it i wanted to know how you are doing now.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

We didn't find out until our son was born that he had CF. While we found out fairly soon after he was born, sometimes I think it would've been nice to find out ahead of time, to prepare ourselves. Sorta felt blindsided. All we knew about CF was what we'd seen on a medical show. Fortunately, we were put in contact with a CF team right away, contact the national CF organization...

Today we have a very healthy, active preschooler. He's such a joy. Very happy, very busy. We have some things we have to do to keep his lungs healthy -- medications, chest physiotherapy. But we make it work. I can't imagine life without him.

Last edited by Ratatosk; 02-04-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Closed Thread