It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

titianmom HB User
I think the NP was nuts, but says I should be tested for CF at 45

Hi,

I'm learning what I can about CF. Apparently us older folk can be diagnosed with CF.

I had no health issues until I was pregnant with my daughter 10 years ago. I was always a runner, and before I was preg I noticed some days running were very tough (chest hurt, etc) and other days were fine. I usually ended up with bronchitis a couple of times a year.

I coughed the entire time I was pregnant, and delivery was terrible; coughed the entire time and had a bucket to throw up in. (I also had toxemia and they had to induce.)

ANyway, shortly after that I finally had to see a pulmonary spec because following a bout of bronchitis I just couldn't stop coughing, and they found that both lungs were blocked about 60%. Said I had asmtha. Funny thing is, over these past 10 years I've never had an attack, and I don't have most of the asthmatic symptoms. They never could nail down what brought on my "bad days"; allergins, etc. Inhalers or no, I still cough, esp in the mornings and I bring up a LOT of stuff. Sometimes so thick it looks like the gummy stuff they use to stick advertising magnets on phonebooks with--you know the stuff.

Well, I went to a clinic this week about lime disease actually (I'm stiff all over, but off topic) and of course I had my morning mucus attack and so the NP asks if I did it all the time and I said yes, so he said I should get tested for CF.

I don't have any other symptoms of CF that I know of. Just the lungs. It's usually worse when it rains or is really humid outside. Sometimes I have the "bubbles" attack in the chest when its wet outside. (Feels like tickling ?? racing up and down my bronchi when I breath.)

Does any of this sound familiar? You folks understand what CF is, I apprec your opinion.

THanks,
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread