It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

Hoffnung67 HB User
Holding on

Hi
I'm new to this site but God knows I'm not new to Cystic Fibrosis. I've never thought it would come to where I'm looking to talk to anyone who may be going thru what I am. unfortunately I know I'm not alone. I have a 21 and a 19 Son with Cf and everything that goes with it including diabetes. They both have it since birth.
my 21 year old got really sick right before new years and is still in the hospital today. He had yet another Pneumothorax. We where just told how sick he has really gotten. So many other issues going on with him right now but to make a long story short we are filling out paper work in the hope of getting an appointment for a lung transplant eval. My Doctor managed to get my son's hope up with the news and he has a better outlook now, but behind closed doors that same doctor tells me that most likely he will be denied?
I don't know if I feel lost or what. I've got my mask on and I'm staying strong for him but wow it's getting really hard.
If anyone out there has gone thru something close to this please write me.
Shed some light on things for me, I need one

Old 01-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
(female)

cindy29 HB User
Re: Holding on

I am so sorry you and your family are going through such a hard time. I will pray for each of you. I can not say I completely understand what you are going through- however I am waiting for test results on my first born 1 month old son and I know how I am feeling right now- and the only thing I want in this world is to hear from someone that it is going to be okay and your son is healthy and does not have CF. Continue to be strong for you and your boys- they need you!!!!! I hope your son gets well very soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread