It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
(female)

berrevoetsd HB User
10 month old, strange symptoms, please help

Hi, my name is Dianna and I have a 10 month old little girl. Ever since she was 3 weeks old she's had problems on and off. She had a very mucousy nasal passage to the point where she couldn't breathe while I was breast feeding. She had mucous in her diaper until she was 6 months old and until she was on solids. Her diapers have always been very foul smelling. She also became very constipated when solids were started and is still on a stool softener every day. She snores, so to me that signifies mucous. She also seems to breathe very hard and fast for a baby whenever she is even slightly active. Her weight is only at 15lbs 6ounces, and she's in the 2nd percentile for weight, but she is in the 10th or so for height. Her iron is low and when I kiss her (especially after she's been sweating she definately tastes like salt) but I always thought that babies were suppose to just because adults do when they've been sweating. I believe that her poop has been tested for fat levels, but is that always accurate? Or do different forms of CF have different symptoms? If anyone out there can shed some light on all of these questions or statements that would be very helpful, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: 10 month old, strange symptoms, please help

I would mention your concerns to your pediatrician and have further testing done. CF can manifest if very different ways -- but Failure to Thrive, loose foul smelling stools can be s symptom...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

berrevoetsd HB User
Re: 10 month old, strange symptoms, please help

thank you, her next appointment is on Thurs. obviously I dont want it to be CF, but I'm not totally comfortable with all of her strange symptoms and no explanation.

Closed Thread