It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
(female)

sarah9858 HB User
my friend has cf what can i do

My best friend has CF and a yr old son. Recently her health has deterioted so badly that she spent three weeks in hospital came out for a week and has had to go back in again. She says that she cannot cope with the baby and needs some1 to have him full time. Her parents cannot do this. I live with my bf in rented accomodation and we both work full time, would i be stupid to give up my job and care for the baby for her?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
(female)

toomuchdetails HB User
Re: my friend has cf what can i do

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! It would be an amazing thing you did.

Really though, its whatever is in your best interest. I have Cf as well and I am 22, but there is times where I feel so down that I cannot do anything for myself, never mind a young child. It depends on how your boyfriend would feel about taking on such a responsiblity. Do you feel like you could handle this sort of thing? You would be putting yourself in a financial bind to help out your friend. Its totally up to you. I would say go for it but unfortunately I do not know you financial situation, nor do I know the kind of friendship you guys have. Also, I dont think you would be making a stupid decision by giving up your job.

To be honest, three weeks is very normal for someone with CF, so if its happening now, it will only become more stays from here on and I am sure she would appreciate it more than anything, but are you able to do it. If so... GO FOR IT!!!!

best of luck... at least the little guy will have a great life.. two families who love him dearly.. in the end its really all about the child and what kind of life he would live if no one could keep him..

Anyways.. I really hope that my opinion helped.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by toomuchdetails; 11-20-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread