It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
(male)

Alex000 HB User
Do I have cystic fibrosis?

i will try to keep this brief..i've been battling with what i believe to be a undiagnosed and long untreated case of malabsorption (a very seemilngly rare and unusual case)..most food only makes me hungrier and the few foods that work for me happen to be carbohydrates..i noticed in the last few months that sugary foods like corn, cocoa, honey or shreddies gives me heart palpotations and trouble sleeping (chest tightness, heavy heart beats)..i spit a lot also

i am 27 i performed a sweat test last month the doctor told me this week my results showed 65..i found today online that 50 or higher means CF..he told me to repeat the test in a couple of weeks

i have been battling with doctors for so long for a diagnosis many times told i need prozak because i'm either depressed or its "i'm my head"...
i had a 72 hour fat with results of 17 grams and neither the doctor nor the lab know how to interpret the results...7grams or less/24 is normal more means malabsorption but nobody can determine if the result on the sheet means 17 grams is the total grams of the 72 hours or if thats /24hours..mayoclinic says result values are shown as grams/24 hours but i live in canada so i dont' know

i have my next follow up appiontment with the doctor in June but i can't wait that long...do i most certainly have CF and can any further tests be suggested to do until then because i can't wait that long i need to do something until then...also i'm freaking out because i'm just learning about CF now and read that CF patients live short lives?? can someone please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
(male)

Alex000 HB User
Re: Do I have cystic fibrosis?

this message can be deleted..its pretty vague and i'm already doing something bout my condition than ku

Closed Thread