It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
(male)

Cwilzzz HB User
Question Finer things in life.

My family and i recently found out my 8yr old has CF. we came back neg. on his sweat test three times so we have been on a roller coster of emotions threw out his life. We know now! now we move on..
My ? is that is their any fondations out their that will sponser a child to give him a chance to have the "finer things in life" I am a self emploed Stone mason that I could never work enough to provide the things he may want and deserve. Money does not play a role in his health, but the things that he mite miss out on because eitheir im working on providing(Family time) or just out of my reach that only some can provide. I know that their are cards that need to be laid down, but this one we are stuck with. If anyone has any info on how i can help try to provide the extras in life for my child with Cistic fibriosis. Thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 09-10-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Finer things in life.

My son is 8 as well and was diagnosed shortly after he was born. He pretty much leads a normal life though we have to do treatments and give him medication to keep his lungs happy and healthy. Depending upon income, there are some programs thru the drug companies to defray copayment costs. We don't meet most of the income guidelines but in the past we've been eligibible to get the copay on Tobi provided. The different enzyme companies provide incentives -- again copay help. We get nutritional beverages and vitamins provided when we send in a receipt from the pharmacy.

The CFF mainly raises money for drug and treatment research. I see by your location you're in the midwest. There is a group out of North Dakota -- the Cystic Fibrosis Association that helps with travel to CF education events at the U of MN, with medications, equipment and other things. We don't belong to that group.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread