It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 05:01 AM   #1

ThisGirlRox HB User
Anyone ever dreamt of the deceased visiting?

My Mom passed away two weeks ago. Last night I had a wonderful dream. In my dream my Mom came to me. I saw and felt that she was with me. She said so clearly " I am here. I have arrived. I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about." Just like that, so matter of factly! It was as though she were alive and had simply gone on a trip somewhere and was calling me to let me know she had reached her destination safely. I awoke immediately and had the most wonderful feeling of calm and happiness...it was beautiful.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Old 09-22-2005, 06:58 AM   #2
(female)

schnookie HB User
Re: Anyone ever dreamt of the deceased visiting?

ThisGirlRox;
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your beloved mother. My heart goes out to you. This must be a very difficult time for you.
I have dreams of my deceased father. The dream is the same each time. He wears the same clothes in each visit, it's the same setting, and says the same thing, "Oh I'm fine. Everything will be ok. It'll be fine." Sometimes in my dream I can smell his cologne. It gives me much comfort, altho I must say the first time I was a little freaked out because it was so real. It is a sense of calm or peace you get, *hearing* from a loved one they are ok.
This will get better for you, but it will take time. Have you had any other "signs" from her? Or has anyone else in your family?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
(male)

smc612 HB User

first my condolences to you in your loss. time some how erases some of the hurt and is replaced with beautiful memories. 2 weeks after my dad passed he called me on the phone and said "i just called to let you know everything is ok" that told me he was safe and in peace. when my 21 year old daughter passed i started having dreams that her and i were shoe shopping. same dream all the time. we are both very happy. the irony in it is that both of us hated to shop and both hated shoes.i collect teddy bears and every once in awhile i find 1 or 2 moved in my bedroom. i have also smelled my daughters hair and my sister's perfume. i find it to be very comforting as i know they have visited.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User

ThisGirlRox, I've been thinking of you and hoping you're doing alright. I was glad to see your post!

I've dreamed of my sweet Papaw on several occasions, but the most cherished dream is the one in which he walked right into church services; I said, "Oh Papaw, is it just like they say?" (Meaning Heaven) He smiled, nodded and said, "Yes." I asked him if his Daddy came to get him when it was time to go Home, and he smiled again, and said "Yes." My dream went into something irrelevant at that point, but that one "scene" gave me much comfort. Also, when I dream of him, he is healthy and vibrant, just like I want to remember him.

Last edited by 4given1; 09-22-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:49 AM   #5
(female)

Manic_Insomniac HB User

My mother, Grandfather, and aunt told me they had a dream exactly like the one you described, when my grandmother died.

I truely believe that they come to you to tell you that they're alright.

-Dane Cook

Old 09-25-2005, 05:28 AM   #6

ThisGirlRox HB User

Thank you all what wonderful stories!

Old 09-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Yes l have. In the first few months after my dad died (which was nearly 9 yrs ago now bless him) it was so real .......and l believe it was. He came to me in my dream dressed like he always was l could smell his aftershave and l felt all warm content loved peaceful he held me in his arms as l cried l woke up crying loved and warm its hard to explain and to this day l have not dreamt of my dad again!! l think he had come to say goodbye for now to me and to let me know he was still there and that he was ok he died suddenly. I will never forget that dream or that feeling which is so hard to describe as long as l live. Take care all xxx

Old 10-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #8
(female)

buginthewoods HB User

First of all, I hope that you're coping with the death of your mother. My sympathies go out to you!

I lost my father just over 11 years ago, and he was my best friend in the world. Needless to say, I grieved deeply for quite a while. Then one day I had a dream where he came to visit me, and gave me comforting advice. I truly believe that our loved ones can offer comfort to us in our times of need, and let's face it, if the dream about your mother made you feel better, then that's all that counts.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I'm so sorry about your mom, but on the other hand, so happy about your dream! I too had a dream about an old boyfriend who had died. I drempt that he and I were in my room at my moms house and we were hugging. He said, come back to me or come back WITH me, I'm not sure which. I felt confused. I looked at him and said wait a minute....I thought you were...... I couldn't say the word dead. It was like he read my mind. He looked at me with a goofy grin, as if to say.....do I look dead? It was a positive dream. He looked happy and healthy. He indicated to me that he was fine. He looked great and at peace. I could touch him, he was not transparent. He may have even said "this is great" (as far as the afterlife is concerned). I don't really remember how it ended, but when I woke up I was stunned. It was so much more than a dream. I knew he had made contact with me, and I had a nice peaceful feeling about it.
Take comfort in your moms visit! She loves you, and love never dies!

Old 10-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #10
(female)

MandyPandy HB User

I'm sorry for your Mom's passing but happy for you that you were given the gift of a message so to speak. I know many people do not beleive in these types of things but I do not beleive that these are just "dreams". My cousin died 5 years ago and about 3 years after he died I had a very vivid dream of the two of us having a conversation etc. To this day I can vividly remember every detail of the "dream". I had a horrible time dealing with his death but my dream helped me to deal with his passing and allowed me to tell him some things that I was not able to before his passing. Hopefully you will be able to have more dreams/visits from your Mom.

hugs,
Amanda

Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 AM   #11
(female)

Gidget6923 HB User

I recently had a dream of my best friend who died about 2 years ago in Iraq. I don't remember the particulars of the dream but I do remember very much whn I saw his face in my sleep and he gave me one of the greatest hugs ever. He held me so tight and I cried in his arms. I am recently going though a severe bipolar episode and am having issues with depression and anxiety. He used to be the one who always understood me and helped me through those times when he was alive so I think he was coming to me in my dream to offer some support and a shoulder to cry on.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #12
(female)

MandyPandy HB User

Gidget,
Isn't it wonderful to know that he still hears you and knows your pain? They may be gone from our sight but they really are always there even if it is not the same and so often doesn't seem like enough when we are hurting. I hope that you can find someone that is still here in the flesh to talk to to help you through these tough times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukoni
I recently had a dream of my best friend who died about 2 years ago in Iraq. I don't remember the particulars of the dream but I do remember very much whn I saw his face in my sleep and he gave me one of the greatest hugs ever. He held me so tight and I cried in his arms. I am recently going though a severe bipolar episode and am having issues with depression and anxiety. He used to be the one who always understood me and helped me through those times when he was alive so I think he was coming to me in my dream to offer some support and a shoulder to cry on.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeginAgain HB User

Happened accross this thread while surfing the health boards. This has happened to me twice. Once right after my fiance was killed in a car accident. He came to me in my room to let me know he was okay, I could smell him it was so unbelievable. I was so beside myself with grief, you can't believe the comfort it gave me. Nobody will ever convince me it was a dream. I begged him to stay but he told me he must go and that I would be okay now.

The second time was very recently. I'd been going through some personal struggles and a dear deceased friend came to me to pass along his fatherly advice. He committed suicide two years ago and I was always so afraid of what became of him. Did he make it to heaven? This man was like a father figure to me..the loss was devastating and totally caught us all off guard. Here's the wierd part..I talked to his wife the night after I had this "dream", "vision" whatever...and I told her about the dream. I described in great detail what he was wearing and what was said in the dream. She told me these were the clothes he was wearing the day he died. I had no way of knowing this previously....it couldn't have been only my imagination. The details were perfect..right down to the color of the cap he was wearing and the pattern on his shirt. That's how vivid and real the dream was. What a gift from God. I fell blessed to have had these two experiences and I hope my story helps someone else know that there truly is life beyond.

Last edited by BeginAgain; 10-08-2005 at 12:12 PM.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #14
(female)

MandyPandy HB User

I know many people do not beleive in these kinds of things or just find them to dificult/painful to accept etc. but I really do beleive either they really are a visit from the other side so to speak or a really big gift from God by him orchestrating such a magnificent dream by putting all the peices together etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

hugs,
Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginAgain
Happened accross this thread while surfing the health boards. This has happened to me twice. Once right after my fiance was killed in a car accident. He came to me in my room to let me know he was okay, I could smell him it was so unbelievable. I was so beside myself with grief, you can't believe the comfort it gave me. Nobody will ever convince me it was a dream. I begged him to stay but he told me he must go and that I would be okay now.

The second time was very recently. I'd been going through some personal struggles and a dear deceased friend came to me to pass along his fatherly advice. He committed suicide two years ago and I was always so afraid of what became of him. Did he make it to heaven? This man was like a father figure to me..the loss was devastating and totally caught us all off guard. Here's the wierd part..I talked to his wife the night after I had this "dream", "vision" whatever...and I told her about the dream. I described in great detail what he was wearing and what was said in the dream. She told me these were the clothes he was wearing the day he died. I had no way of knowing this previously....it couldn't have been only my imagination. The details were perfect..right down to the color of the cap he was wearing and the pattern on his shirt. That's how vivid and real the dream was. What a gift from God. I fell blessed to have had these two experiences and I hope my story helps someone else know that there truly is life beyond.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #15
(female)

gruntswife HB User

Our three year old seems to dream of her uncle ryry nightly. Every morning, she runs in and tell sme about what they did the night before. And how ryry now has wings, and a new white house. Also she mentioned a few times that he can't touch or give her hugs anymore. And how he alwasy says it is too cold, so He is going home. pLus the other day she told me that ryry said i needed to stop crying, that he was happy now. Matbe it is all true, maybe it is just her imagination, I like to think it is all true, that he is visiting her through her dreams.

Closed Thread