It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
(female)

luv4jay HB User
Unhappy How do I help My boyfriend from coping with the loss of his mother?

The question is how do I help my boyfriend with the loss of his mother? It is hurting our relationship and I am there for him and have not said a word to him other then support him. His mother has been past away for almost 2 years now and it happend before we even met. We have been together for a while now. He left to Brazil to go " Find Himself " to " Clear his head " he said. Mind you his not from Brazil and I don't know what to do. I have sat back and kept quite and have not said anything. Just trying to be there for him. Even while he has been gone. But what do I do to try to help him. I of course don't want him to forget his mom but he feel like he can't go on with out her. I am really confused and frustrated and sad. Please someone help me so I can help him.....

Old 08-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: How do I help My boyfriend from coping with the loss of his mother?

Everyone gets over a death differently. Your supporting him is all you can do. He has to move on, by himself, in his own way and time.
I am concerned for you though, with his going to Brazil to 'find himself." How long is going to be gone? It sounds to me that it might have been his way of breaking up with you. Hope I am wrong. You need to stop being there for someone who just ups and leaves you. I really don't think that it is healthy for you to be hanging around waiting for this guy to come back. If I were you, I would move on too.
Putting all your eggs in his basket is bound to get them broken, along with your heart.
Wishing you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread