It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 03:42 AM   #1
(female)

violaa HB User
i miss my dad i love u dad

my dad dyed march 28 2006 i miss him so it was sudden a massive stroke my mom gets so angry and it hurts to see her taht way. she isnt a mean woman she is a christian woman when i go to her house i try not to cry cause i dont want to upset her nomore then she already is.but its hard not to cause its hard not seeing dad or hearing his voice i dint get to tell h im goodbye.GOD this pain is bad can anyone help plz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

mrsponydr1ver HB User
Re: i miss my dad i love u dad

My dad died in January from cancer. We knew early on that he had terminal cancer so we were expecting his death. I couldn't imaging losing him suddenly like your dad.

You will start feeling a little better with time trust me. I can understand the anger your mom feels. I am still angry about so many things concerning my dad's death. You two support each other, cry together, hug, do whatever it takes to get you through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
(female)

3962 HB User

I promiss it will get better with time my father died very sudden and unexpected too. He was only 39.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
(female)

clarebear1929 HB User

Hello

I lost my step dad june 4th 2006. I was in Cyprus when i got a phone call early in the morning from my sister saying he had passed away my mother had found him and is balming herself he died of a sudden heart attack he died 2 months before his 80th birthday he was ill but i always thought he would be here forever.
Everytime he took a step back he would always take 20 forward we believed he had many years in him.
He always said he would be happy to reach his 70th so i know he done well God Bless Him.
I miss him every minute of everyday im so used to either seeing him or talking to him on the phone everyday..
The hardest was my 24th birthday i sat waiting for him to call of course he couldnt.......
My mum is taking it hard in her own way tho she wont let anyone help her i blame myself for a little bit instead of getting on the first plane and gone home i stayed in Cyprus i wanted to be with my family but they kept saying he would of wanted me to enjoy myself (like you can do that in a situation like that).....

My heart goes out to you and im thinking of you im here if you need to talk

Clare x

Old 09-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
(female)

MSPOSITIVE HB User

Hi there,

My dad died in Jan 06. He took sick Dec 25 with a bowel problem and he looked like he was getting better. Then on Monday they called to come right away because he was really ill with shallow breathing. I couldn't talk to him as he had Alzheimers and just smiled at us and held our hands. My mom and I stayed all day and then that night he had a better recovery. Again the next afternoon he got worse and my husband said be prepared as it often happens like this. I still wasn't expecting him to die but knowing that his life would now possibly be bed ridden I knew it was going to be a horrible existence for him. Finally, on the fourth day, after day and night watching him panting he went into the final stage of death.

I have lost my daughter at birth but I was so unprepared for this stating please daddy don't go... it was later a nurse called my mom and I aside and said perhaps you should tell him he can go. I feel so horrible that he was hanging on for me and that in the end was so evident.

My dad was a soldier of WW2 and he was very pragmatic and a real trooper always there for us three girls in a practical way. I miss him soooo much now that I can't stop thinking about how his face felt and his hands holding mine and his final breath. It is all so final it is very hard to let go of that moment in my head.

I wish all of you peace in your minds and heart... I know that at the very least I was there with him and showed him so much love that I was fortunate to see him fight to stay with us. In the end, if God's promises mean anything we shall see our fathers again in a better place.

Bless you all....a daughter who now knows what she really lost.

Last edited by MSPOSITIVE; 09-23-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaa
my dad dyed march 28 2006 i miss him so it was sudden a massive stroke my mom gets so angry and it hurts to see her taht way. she isnt a mean woman she is a christian woman when i go to her house i try not to cry cause i dont want to upset her nomore then she already is.but its hard not to cause its hard not seeing dad or hearing his voice i dint get to tell h im goodbye.GOD this pain is bad can anyone help plz

God bless you, Violaa, and give you strength and peace. I too lost my dear, sweet daddy on May 15th. Even though he was 83 it still hurts so much. We lost our mother back in 1982, and I don't think we ever get completely past the pain and never stop missing them, but we do learn to go on, and live our lives as best we can. God gives us that grace. I also lost a brother, (he was a year older than me, at 46) in 2000. So now it's just me and my younger brother,...who isn't the nicest person in the world, but I'm not about to ditch him as he is all the family I have left. My hubby isn't there for me with this. Why..I don't know. This week has been sad for me as we are going to the High Sierra this weekend to dipose of his ashes where he asked us to...in a river there. I'm feeling so sad. This morning I was crying, (burst out crying as I looked at the website for this river and looking at pictures of the area reminded me of him, as he and I took a lot of trips through there the past few years) and my husband just went about the chore he was doing as if he heard nothing. I don't understand this, and it hurts so bad.

The best thing in the world that I did, was joining a bereavement class--support group. It lasted 6 weeks, and out of 10 women, we all have become very close, as we share this common bond, and understand what each other is going through....as only those of us who have gone through this can understand. Our class ended almost 2 months ago, but we all still get together for dinner every Mon. night. (we used to do this after our classes) There are 5 of us who have become especially close, and we even meet later in the week at Starbucks. (In Jan., six of us are taking a cruise together)

Tonight at our dinner was my night to share my grief and the tough week that I've been going through....and I felt so much better after being with them all. They are all so loving and comforting. It's just a shame my own husband can't give me that, and it has left me angry with him. (He also left me alone 2 days before my dad died, (I couldn't be there with my dad, asI was too depressed to leave so suddenly, and drive 8 hours, or even fly for that matter...just couldn't cope with it) after I begged and pleaded with him to please stay home with me, as I knew my dad was dying, [no one had told us, I just could sense it], and he left anyway to go persue his hobbies, fixing other people's cars, and said, [yelled], "These people are counting on me!!!! Mind you, he doesn't have to be there,...it's just a little shop he opened, not his regular job. Then 5 days after my dad died, he went to spend another full Saturday there, [about 9 hours], knowing that I was in deep grief. Sorry to vent here, but I am so hurt over what he has done to me..(or not done for me).

My heart goes out to you, Violaa, and you will be in my prayers tonight. In time things will get better...time does heal, I know this already from losing my dear mother and my brother too. But I've never stopped missing them and still think of them every day. It's been 24 years since losing my mom, and I still cry every now and then. I don't think we love any one more than our parents and siblings, besides our own children. I'll never stop loving them all, and hope to see them all once again someday.

God bless you,
Deda

Old 10-18-2006, 01:58 AM   #7
(female)

violaa HB User

its been 7 months now i still hurt i have went into a depresion it just eems like yesterday somomes i get so mad is all thisnormal

Old 10-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
(female)

clarrysage HB User

Violaa,

My Dad passed away 2 weeks ago and it's been the most crushing blow of my life. I'm crying now as I write this. I have cried every day. He was 78 and not in the best of health, but it was unexpected, and a shock to us all. accute heart attack. My Mom and he were together, counting the time they dated, for 60 years.
We were very close, and we talked on phone at least every other day. Now all I have are a couple of his messages on my answering machine.

When I drive past the cemetery I have to divert my eyes as our family plot is right beside the road and you can't miss seeing it. The flowers are still piled high on his grave. I've lost weight, can't sleep at night, and am trying to hold down my job, which I can't don't care about.
But I've told him I loved him and he told me the same. We know now that his suffering is over and someday we will see him again in the next life. My faith is all that keeps me going. Hang in there--you are not alone. I care.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
(female)

violaa HB User

hello just wanted to talk seems the pain get worse im not sure i to am crying as i wright this i bought my first home move in in 7 days and dad would be so pround he would have already dreove by it a 100 times over i wished he could see it the forth of july was his fav holiday and its getting close and now i hate that holiday is that normal ya think i hope he new how much i loved himm i wished i could have told him he cam by on sat dyed on sunday i told him as he was leaving and he told me back maybbe GOD gave me that noing he was gonna take him home less then 24 hrs later keep me in your prayers as i will u GOD bless u

Closed Thread