It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

DIVYA HB User
Unhappy God I miss my mom please help

Hi I really need someones help I lost my mom a week ago she had been very sick for a long time and god took her from me on thanksgiving and i just don't know what to do I have a lot of family but it was only my brother and I and we both just fell like we are going crazy all the time I mean I have family that Tell's me my mom is in a better place but they don't know how i feel I mean it's my mom my best friend that is gone. And i just don't know what to do to stop the hurt in me. It never go's away it feels like a constant anxiety attack it's killing me And i just want it to stop it doesn't will it ever please help me if you can thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
(female)

peace1910 HB User
Re: God I miss my mom please help

please try very hard to be gentle and compassionate with yourself...you have just gone through a huge trauma....our momma's are usually the most important person in our entire lives and when they pass, they take a piece of us with them....we grieve the loss of love, of the security of having unconditional love of the one person who loves us most in the whole world. we grieve all the hopes and dreams that we had of the future with them and we stare at a big black hole in our lives for awhile.....

all i can say is that i understand and i hurt with you as you miss your mom.
it will never be the same without her....but it eventually will be ok....but it takes a long time....don't be hard on yourself....but when you go to bed at night and the tears start to flow....just know that she is there beside your bed stroking your hair and giving you "angel kisses" you'll even be able to feel them if you are very still...i have felt them and they are wonderful....
she is there....she is really there................peace to you and i will say a prayer for you tonight that you feel her there with you........ peace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

serinity HB User

Honey, the hurt never goes away, but it will get easier to deal with. Just hang in there and try and be strong. Your mom is with you, she will always be with you, whether shes in the gentle breeze that blows on your face , or in the rain that softly spinkles on a rainy day, or the sunshine that wakes you up in the morning. Honey, shes in your heart forever and through you she lives on.

IN MEMORY OF MY MOTHER, THE LADY WITH THE HEART OF A THOUSAND WOMEN

MARILYN CARROLL

Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
(female)

vchester HB User

I lost my mother 17 years ago. She was my best friend and my biggest supporter. I had the exact feeling you have when she passed away. I really didn't know how I could go on without her. But I knew in my heart that she only wanted me to be happy and not to grieve for her. And that now the only thing I could do for her was to make the most of my life. I so I did knowing that she was always with me. I know how much it hurts and that even after all these years I still break down and grieve. But this only reminds me how lucky I was to have such a wonderful mother. God bless you. Warmest Regards Vickie

Old 12-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
(female)

vuitton HB User

It tough, there's no sugar coating it. Know that time, will allow you to put your pain in a place, deep inside you, taking it out only when you choose to. Right now, its all consuming....I know it feels like your drowning. I've been there.
But know, you will learn to find that place in your heart, to hold your Mother inside you. And when you choose to, you can go to that place and remember what she meant to you.
And she will always be with you!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
(female)

DIVYA HB User

THANK U
SO MUCH IT HELPS TO KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CARE
THANK U

Last edited by DIVYA; 12-05-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
(female)

Shellyshelly HB User

hey. its normal to feel what you are feeling. i lost my mom 17 weeks this coming up friday after she battled for 10 with cancer. i don't mean to sound nasty in any ways, but it hurts, it hurts like a thousand stabs in the heart. and god knows if time will make things better or worse. my mummy was my best friend too. and if it wasn't for her i don't know where i'd be now. when i was down and everything seemed dark, she'd be that shining beacon of light . and i know thats what your mom was for you too.
i guess, what we have are memories that gives us strenght to carry on and you are very lucky to have your brother.
in my eulogy to my mum i quoted 'smile for we walked together for a little while' and thats is what you should do, so wherever she is, you know she'd be beaming down on you also with a smile. i know sometimes its hard to carry on. but we have to remember that our mothers would not want us to give up. i think our mothers would want us to succeed and do things where she didin't have a chance to.
peace 1910 is right. do be too hard on yourself. take time to take care of yourself. like i said you are very lucky to have your brother. i know he thanks god that he still have you.
take care and stay strong. my prayers goes out to you and you family. and i pray for you mom just like how i pray for mine, i hope she also stay strong because unlike us, separated from just that one very important person she separated from her family.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #8
(female)

Shellyshelly HB User

hey. its normal to feel what you are feeling. i lost my mom 17 weeks this coming up friday after she battled for 10 with cancer. i don't mean to sound nasty in any ways, but it hurts, it hurts like a thousand stabs in the heart. and god knows if time will make things better or worse. my mummy was my best friend too. and if it wasn't for her i don't know where i'd be now. when i was down and everything seemed dark, she'd be that shining beacon of light . and i know thats what your mom was for you too.
i guess, what we have are memories that gives us strenght to carry on and you are very lucky to have your brother.
in my eulogy to my mum i quoted 'smile for we walked together for a little while' and thats is what you should do, so wherever she is, you know she'd be beaming down on you also with a smile. i know sometimes its hard to carry on. but we have to remember that our mothers would not want us to give up. i think our mothers would want us to succeed and do things where she didin't have a chance to.
peace 1910 is right. do be too hard on yourself. take time to take care of yourself. like i said you are very lucky to have your brother. i know he thanks god that he still have you.
take care and stay strong. my prayers goes out to you and you family. and i pray for your
mom just like how i pray for mine, i hope she also stay strong because unlike us, separated from just that one very important person she separated from her family.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
(female)

Shellyshelly HB User

take care and stay strong. my prayers goes out to you and you family. and i pray for your
mom just like how i pray for mine, i hope she also stay strong because unlike us, separated from just that one very important person she separated from her family.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Dear DIVYA,

How are you holding up? My prayers are with you.

Take care
God Bless
FTM

Old 12-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

I feel your pain because I am going through it too! Like someone else said, as time goes by, it will get easier but you will forever have her in your heart. Thank God you have a brother. A lot of people don't have anyone with them. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your brother.

God Bless!

Jan

Old 12-26-2006, 04:56 AM   #12
(female)

AnnieR714 HB User

Hi Sweety,
I hate when people say she's in a better place, I promised myself if someone loses a love one, I will say to them sorry for your loss, simply truthful words. My mother died Sept.7,2006 and the first 2 months for me were constant pain, it did not let up. I just had to learn to live with the pain. I did join a grief group which was though hospice and free, but I joined to soon and it was hard for me, but it is definitely the safest place to share such grief and the people are so so kind. I went to my dr. while my mom was still alive, you see I was my mom's caretaken, my dr. put me on Effexor XR which on occasion, she would raise the does, that really helped, I cried so much, I use to go in another room so my mom wouldn't know. I was in the room the night she took her last breath that was so so tough for me. Another thing I started to do that helps me feel better, I take walks instead of just sitting around the house thinking of her. You should see your dr. and remember if you don't like a theripist, or a certain medicine, you can ask for someone or something different, I did. My mom has been gone almost 4 months and it still hurts like hell at times, but not like before, not all the time, time is what is going to be our healer, and if you have faith, prayer helps me a lot. I am so so sorry for the loss of your Mother, because the loss of a mother is like no other. My prayers are with you and your brother. I wish we can exchange phone numbers but I think that is not allowed. God Speed

Old 12-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #13
(female)

huffnpuff HB User

I think of the loss of my own mother in 1981 (yes, I still think of her and miss her, as she was the first one I called when something wonderful or even sad happened to me). But I also think of how sick she was when she passed, and I guess I would not wish her back to still be going through all the pain and suffering that she went through. My own daughter-in-law told me she prayed for her mother's death because she was suffering so from a 10-year battle with cancer. When she died, my daughter-in-law was desolate and sick from her passing, she missed her so. She said she thought she was praying for a good thing for her mom. But she never dreamt how she would miss her. My son used to ask her, "When will I have my wife back?" Eventually through some grief counseling, she came back to us and could finally talk about it. A Mom is the hardest thing to lose, I think, especially a special and wonderful Mom - pray to her, she will help you through this.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #14
(female)

DIVYA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieR714
Hi Sweety,
I hate when people say she's in a better place, I promised myself if someone loses a love one, I will say to them sorry for your loss, simply truthful words. My mother died Sept.7,2006 and the first 2 months for me were constant pain, it did not let up. I just had to learn to live with the pain. I did join a grief group which was though hospice and free, but I joined to soon and it was hard for me, but it is definitely the safest place to share such grief and the people are so so kind. I went to my dr. while my mom was still alive, you see I was my mom's caretaken, my dr. put me on Effexor XR which on occasion, she would raise the does, that really helped, I cried so much, I use to go in another room so my mom wouldn't know. I was in the room the night she took her last breath that was so so tough for me. Another thing I started to do that helps me feel better, I take walks instead of just sitting around the house thinking of her. You should see your dr. and remember if you don't like a theripist, or a certain medicine, you can ask for someone or something different, I did. My mom has been gone almost 4 months and it still hurts like hell at times, but not like before, not all the time, time is what is going to be our healer, and if you have faith, prayer helps me a lot. I am so so sorry for the loss of your Mother, because the loss of a mother is like no other. My prayers are with you and your brother. I wish we can exchange phone numbers but I think that is not allowed. God Speed

Old 02-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
(female)

rosiepickle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVYA View Post
Hi I really need someones help I lost my mom a week ago she had been very sick for a long time and god took her from me on thanksgiving and i just don't know what to do I have a lot of family but it was only my brother and I and we both just fell like we are going crazy all the time I mean I have family that Tell's me my mom is in a better place but they don't know how i feel I mean it's my mom my best friend that is gone. And i just don't know what to do to stop the hurt in me. It never goes away it feels like a constant anxiety attack it's killing me And i just want it to stop it doesn't will it ever please help me if you can thank you
Im so so sorry about your loss. i lost my mum three and a half years ago. its seems like yesterday, the pain i went through was hard. she was only 55 and fell downstairs, which killed her. the roller coaster of emotions was terrible but please beleive me when i say the obvious... time IS a great healer. I wont kid you.. its a tough ride, but with the right support over a long period of time you will eventually come to terms. i never thought id say that. ive done the whole getting terribly drunk/angry/abandoned/heart renching stuff. i most miss when im out shopping and see girls with their mums.... im so upset. or when i see presents i would buy my mum.... things that she would love. Frustration is a major factor. But sometimes you just have to take out a photo and speak to it, have a good cry. i miss my mum like crazy. my life has never been the same, ive lost that spark, but i have to carry on as my mum would be worried like hell if she knew how bad i felt!!!! take care my sweet xx

Closed Thread