It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
One Year Anniversary: March 28, 2007

Well the one year anniversary is coming up for my Mother and the last 2 to 3 weeks has been really bad for me! I know deep down in my heart that Mama is in a better place now because she is pain free, which she had been living with severe pain for years and years but it is still very hard knowing that the one year is coming up. I try and keep my self busy to keep my mind occupied but sometimes it just don't work. My Mom was my best friend, and the very best Mother that any one could ever want. I am 50 years old and can honestly say that me and my Mom never had a cross word between us. my husband and I went and put out new flowers on her and my Dad's grave last week and that helped me some too.

April 1, 2007 will be 3 years since my Dad passed away also! He was on kidney diaylsis and had a stroke and never recovered from the stroke. I know he was waiting for my mom when she passed away and went to Heaven to be with him. I just wanted to say that I love them both so so much and miss then with all my heart!

R.I.P Mama and Daddy!
Your Daughter,
Jan

Old 04-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: One Year Anniversary: March 28, 2007

i have no doubt that your parents know how much you loved them. i am also sure that they would have stayed if they could. they are now together and are happy. they would want you to be happy too. so miss them but live your life with all the gusto you can. and then go to them when it is your turn. God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
(female)

serinity HB User

Jan,
Im sorry for your losses.I too have lost my parents. I lost my dad when I was 15, back in Nov. of 91. I lost my mom Feb. of 06.The loss of your parents is something noone or nothing can replace. I believe that hole in my heart will be there forever.I know my mama and daddy are together again and that brings some sort of comfort.I just wish they were here with me.I miss them so much.

Rest In Peace
Mom and Dad
Together in the kingdom of heaven

Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
(female)

JLynn50 HB User

Jan,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can really relate to what your going through because I lost my mom in january of this year. Tomorrow is her birthday and I'm really trying not to
let it get to me.
Along with being very kind, intuitive and generous, my mom was, for the most part, a very practical and down to earth woman. Except sometimes when it came to her children. If we were hurt,or had a problem, she hurt or worried right along with us. In fact sometimes more than we did. Whenever anything went wrong for us,she wouldn't
hesitate to move heaven and earth, if she had to, to make
it right again. How she could ride through the ups and downs of life right along side every one of her kids and still be there for the countless other friends, family members and patients in her life without fail always amazed me.
Not once, in the fifty years i've been alive, have I ever known the fear and pain that comes from being truely alone. Or the loneliness that comes from feeling unloved. Ive always had the security of knowing that mom was there when I needed her. There's no way to discribe how lucky I feel, or how greatful I am to have had that gift she gave to me. I'm only just starting to feel the void that her passing, and the loss of that security will leave in my life. But I know I'll be ok. Because she gave me that gift too.
Take Care and God Bless.
JLynn50

Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Thank you all for the replies! That means a lot to me. I miss my Dad and Mama, but at least I know they are together now. They had been married for 56 years and they were very good parents to all of their kids. I know I will see them again someday.

Thanks Again!
Jan

Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User

Anniversaries, birthdays, holidays - they all seem to be the most difficult times when you lose a loved one.

My mom, who was also my best friend, graduated to her new life in heaven August 13, 2005. I always take flowers to her on special days and read a letter or poem I've written for her. At first, it was so painful! But it does get easier as time goes by. I know Momma is in Heaven. She couldn't walk her last ten years here on earth, but I know that now she is dancing with the angels.

Prayers and hugs to all who have lost someone.

Closed Thread