It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
How does dying feel?

How do you feel physically when you're dying?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
(female)

Lightlife HB User
Re: How does dying feel?

Is this post for real?

How would you be able to tell someone as your dying, or why would you? i dnt get this post, sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
(female)

OK2GO81 HB User

I am not sure that anyone really knows.

I have been with one loved one as they took their last breath, and it was very peaceful. He did not appear to be in any discomfort or struggling at all. It was like he just drifting off to sleep... I hope that that is a sign that he did not feel any pain...

Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User

Yes, this post is for real, Lightlife. I probably should have explained why I was wondering about it. Sorry about that.

I'm not asking how you would feel at the moment of death. I mean, how would you feel if you have a terminal disease and are dying soon.

The reason I ask is that for the past year, I have had extreme fatigue, along with other symptoms. In the past three weeks, the fatigue has gotten much worse. Within the last two days, I have gotten to the point that just combing my hair or walking across the room is totally exhausting. Even my heart feels too tired to continue beating. I've also been losing a lot of weight recently without even trying, including 7 lbs. in the past two weeks.

I was diagnosed in February with cervical cancer and was recently treated for it, and I'm worried that these symptoms might be an indication that the cancer has spread and that my body is dying. (I have an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday.) This is why I was wondering how a person feels when they are dying. (Since I've never died, I have no idea how it would feel.)

OK2GO81, I'm sorry about the loss of your loved one. My mom died two years ago, and like you, I was there when she breathed her last breath on earth and took that first breath in Heaven. Like you said, it was very peaceful.

Hugs,

Lisa

Last edited by Shshi; 08-18-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 AM   #5
(female)

Lightlife HB User

Sorry Shashi,

Its just i thought the post was a joke, but now you have explained it, ofcourse its not a joke , i apologise. Go along to your doctor, this tiredness may have nothing to do with your past problem, you could be just worrying really badly, that can wear you out, i can tell you. Try not to worry until you have to worry, easy said than done i know. But go to Docs and go from there.

hugs

Closed Thread