It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
(female)

joycemarie HB User
Why did God take my momma from me?

Why did God take my momma from me? I need her, we need her!!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

SquishSquish HB User
Re: Why did God take my momma from me?

God has his own plans, just remember everything God does is for the good. He won't give you anything you can't handle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User

Oh Sweetie, I'm so sorry you've lost your Momma. My own momma died two years ago, and I know how difficult it can be to lose your mom. My momma was my best friend, and I've missed her every day since she left.

Please understand though that God didn't take your mom. The Bible says that it's the thief that comes to steal and to kill and to destroy, but Jesus came that we might have life abundantly. He wants us all to live a long and happy life. Jesus even cried when one of His friends died, so I know God feels our pain when we lose someone we love.

Honey, please know that God was there when your mom took her last breath on earth and her first breath in Heaven. He wrapped her in His loving arms and held her close and welcomed her home. Your mom is in a place of unbelievable beauty, a place far more real than this earth and this life will ever be. She knows how much you miss her, and she wouldn't want you to grieve and blame God for what happened.

And your mom will see you again someday. She will be there waiting for you when you graduate to your new and better life. Until that day, just believe and trust God. He loves your Mom, and He loves you very much too.

Big hugs,

Lisa

Last edited by Shshi; 02-27-2008 at 09:49 AM.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
(female)

RIPBMC HB User
Unhappy Re: Why did God take my momma from me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycemarie View Post
I am 38 years old and my Mom died seven months ago while I watched her take her last breathe. And I have been through grief counseling and have support of great friends but at times I feel so lost without her. I think about her everyday, I keep her pictures all around to see her that way. Her urn is in my living room and i pass by it everyday, but nothing fills that void. I have gotten better but I like you even at my age wonder why she had to go. I can take care of myself but I feel like so alone without her. I miss her voice and her smiling eyes. I thought I was better now but then I will have moments where it occurs to me that she is gone and I have to live the rest of my life without her and I'm no good. I cease to be functional. My house is the worse place for m because I can sit her for day on your end crying. I get up cause I know she would want me too, but it is not easy. I pray for you and those like us who know that horrible empty feeling of loss of their beloved mother. I look around and everyone else seems to have their mom

Old 02-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
(male)

BiggerMac HB User

Suppose that someone gave you an airline pass that would take you, first class, anywhere in the world as often as you like ... but it would expire in a year. Would you feel bad that you would be able to travel for only one year or celebrate the wonders you would see in that year?

I cared for my mother as she was taken from us by inches with heart disease and Alzheimers. I wish I had more time to be with her but, much more, I am grateful to God for the time we had together and the love we shared.

So, I suggest that you grieve as you must, and then get on with your life as your mother would have you live it.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:10 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycemarie View Post
Dear Joyce,

From your 14 words, it is evident that she remains very strong in your heart and mind; what she has taught you will stay with you forever.

I hope this comes out right:

In order for me to cope with the passing of my mother, I try to rationalize that God created my mother and then "lent" her to me so that I can experience the nuturing bond that never seems to diminish.

I see my mother in me, her caring nature in the way I care for my daughter and a genuine person when I look in the mirror.

Take care and God Bless.

Phoenix1

Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
(female)

Kylee15 HB User

Your message helped me a lot. My mother is dying. Her personality has already been gone for about four months and now her body is shutting down. The thought of never being able to talk to her again, call her up and ask how she is doing, give her a hug, makes me cry. I keep thinking I'm not ready for her to leave. I have so many memories. Sometimes I think I can't survive it. Anyway, I don't feel like I am the only one feeling those things.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #8
(male)

Adamhi HB User

From someone who is 40 and lost his mother at age seven and father and close aunt in the last three years, and who had to make the decision to turn off life support for one and found the other passed away at home, just believe me when I say, time and faith heal all wounds, TRUST ME. Grieving is a natural process that ALL people recover from. Each person is unique and takes their own amount of time to recover, but they do recover and go on to live happy lives. So while you're alone and sad with your pain, I want you to know, in weeks, months or maybe even a year so from now, you'll be happy and content with your life, and knowing that your loved one has passed onto a far greater place. And don't have pity on those who've passed, it's not like you and I aren't going there too someday, it's just that they've beaten us to it And don't worry about the future either, you need to just get through today, tomorrow will take of itself, worrying about future sadness or loneliness doesn't accomplish anything but making you feel worse...you have to literally force yourself not to dwell on sad/negative thoughts...I promise you'll feel better someday soon In the mean time I'll say a prayer for you

Closed Thread