It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

FROGGY77 HB User
What Are Signs That A Body Is Shutting Down

My Mother Is In End Stage Renal Failure. She Still Gets Dialysis But Recently Has Fallen Very Ill. She Is Very Confused And Twitching Her Hands And Arms. Is This A Sign Of Anything?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
(female)

jelz HB User
Re: What Are Signs That A Body Is Shutting Down

I can't comment on the specific signs of renal failure but alot of the signs of someone dying are the same. I am not sure if I can post them on this board but go to the internet and punch in signs of someone dying and you will find many sites that will give you the basics.
I found with my spouse there were several that were reported as normal signs of dying.
Restlessness
Irritablity
Concerns for you or other family members
Disturbed sleep
Sudden bit of awareness
There are many more but check out the sites.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
(female)

Muddy Waters HB User

My father has been on dialysis and end stage renal disease he is very tired all the time more often than not, has much anxiety, and he consistently twitches when he sleeps, very restless and high anxiety.
He has recently quit his dialysis so we will see what happens.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User

well when my brother died a year and a half ago he too was on dialysis and 18 hrs after stopping the diualysis he slipped in a semi coma and died so your signs are there the constant sleep is a part of it

Last edited by delrae4753; 02-15-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
(male)

jacobbis4lovers HB User

Near Death Experiences are different from the brain shutting down.

The brain isn't functioning. It's not there. It's destroyed. It's abnormal. But, yet, it can produce these very clear experiences ... an unconscious state is when the brain ceases to function. For example, if you faint, you fall to the floor, you don't know what's happening and the brain isn't working. The memory systems are particularly sensitive to unconsciousness. So, you won't remember anything. But, yet, after one of these experiences [a NDE], you come out with clear, lucid memories ... This is a real puzzle for science. I have not yet seen any good scientific explanation which can explain that fact.

When your brian shuts down, it's like you're unconscious and not aware of anything around you. Let's say you fall over and faint; you don't know what's happening and the brain isn't working. You don't remember anything. But think about an near death experience; When someone has a near death experience, they come out with a clear, lucid memory....

think about it.
Scientists say that a NDE is your brain shutting down due to lack of oxygen to the brain. Well, that's not true because the experiences you have when your brain is shutting down is different than those of Near Death Experiences.

People claim to see a tunnel of light and the after-life when they die. However, people don't wake up from a coma and say they saw a white light and the after-life, do they? No. because comas are different from near death experiences.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #6
(female)

snoopy76 HB User

Decreased food and fluid intake

Decreased urine output.

Coolness~The person´s hands and arms, feet and then legs may be increasingly cool to the touch, and at the same time the color of the skin may change. Blood is being reserved for vital organs. Keep them warm with blankets but do not use an electric blanket

Congestion also referred to as Death Rattle

Disorientation

Restlessness

Sleeping

The things listed above can go on for months.

And in the Final Moments
Very high temperature.
Extremely fast heart rate
Very low BP reading
Very fast respirations ~ as in panting

I work in a nursing home, I'm a CNA

The Following User Says Thank You to snoopy76 For This Useful Post:
idontknowmyself (02-20-2011)
Closed Thread