It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

k3ya HB User
Someone I should have known longer...

Hi everyone. I'm sorry but I have to put something about him out there...

I had a friend that I only met during this trimester of school, though I had seen him before. He was hilarious, weird, and had a personality that was way out there. Unlike anyone I'd ever met before. We had an art show at my school, and while I was walking alone, he came up and walked with me. Then he started randomly dancing. He could always make me laugh.... even when I wasn't feeling well, he'd ask me if I were okay. I think I developed a crush on him after some time, but nothing I would have ever gone through with (like ask him out). I wanted to keep him as a friend for as long as I could, though I knew I'd be moving in 3 weeks. I found myself constantly wanting to talk to him, I didn't though....I try not to be annoying...still I'd want to go sit with him during lunch when he'd be eating alone. But I have no idea how he felt...and I never will. I doubt he liked me like that, he didn't seem interested in anyone really. I can't even begin to explain his amazing personality.

On Thursday, during last hour, I was talking to him. Another boy made a joke about how I "hate" life......and my friend made the comment "I can agree with you there." I quickly said that I love life by the way...to counter that. I did wonder...

Friday came, and I went to first hour like always...started working on my project. Then the principal gets on the intercom and gives me the worst news I've heard in a very long time. My friend had died. I immediately tried to wake up.....kept denying it...then it just slowly came on. I started shaking and crying...my stomache hurt so bad...I couldn't leave class because of the rules at school. We aren't supposed to text either, but I had to get out of there. I texted my sister and told her to have my dad get me out of school right then. Now I'm failing because I've missed too many days...

It's like the school doesn't care.
Apparently...they don't know if it was suicide or not...he was walking down the street with a loaded gun (no idea where he got it from) and as he was walking...he just...shot himself in the throat. They don't know if it was an accident or what, but it didn't kill him instantly. No one should ever have to go through that.

He'd never even been out of our state. He wanted to see the new movies...I can't imagine it being suicide...and I doubt I'll ever know. He always seemed so happy, and he was the nicest guy I've ever met.

Sorry if I have the wrong board...I just have to get this out...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Someone I should have known longer...

Hello k3ya,

It saddens me to hear about your friend.

I often look at life as a series of people and events that waltz in and out of our lives; different songs, with no particular rhythm.

This includes friends, family, acquaintances and total strangers.

I'd like to think that they are in our lives for a specific time and purpose, thus making life what it is, a mystery.

Your friend seems to have touched you in a way that I can only describe as special.

Perhaps it was to add joy into your life or teach you that life is too short to be taken so seriously all the time. If there is always room for jello,there is enough for laughter or the occasional smile.
---------------------------------
May I suggest counseling, to get you back on track?

If you do, then you can explain to your school how his demise has affected you, with official documentation.

I don't know a school who wouldn't at least take this into consideration.

It's worth considering.

Take care.

Respectfully,

Phoenix

Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and saddenned that his young life was snuffed out way too soon.....

Old 05-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #4
(female)

k3ya HB User

Thank you for your support and nice words :-)

Closed Thread