It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

mandy999 HB User
lost my brother in car crash

would love to talk to people who have lost their brother in car crash my brother died in nov 23rd 2001

every one loved him,i had a child 3 weeks after les died she was 3 weeks early due to shook and i called her lesley after my brother,its 6 and a half years since les died and i miss him so much

there was 11months between us,i will never forget him and think about him every day,is there anyone out there like me?Thanks for taking the time to read this

<Edited: leave out identifying details. Read the rules.>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: lost my brother in car crash

Hi Mandy,

I am so sorry about your brother. When someone dies in an accident, it is so hard to deal with. I never experienced this, but I have lost both parents, grandparents, etc. It's never easy. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
(female)

mandy999 HB User

Hi Rita,thanks for replying. Im sorry to hear about your parents and grandparents,that must be very hard for you. Thank god my parents are still alive and would you believe so is my nan shes 91. Shes in hoispital all the time and the poor thing doesnt no whats going on around her.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
(female)

Rita27 HB User

Mandy, your grandmother must have Alzheimers. That's what my mom had, but she was only 69 when she got it. It was a horrible 10 before she passed away. I will tell you--even though your grandma may seem *out of it* it is still good to talk to her and hug her and just sit and hold her hand. People with Alzheimer's get very scared. They need comfort.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 AM   #5
(female)

mandy999 HB User

Thanks I will do that. She still has a strong heart but the mind is gone. Now and again she will say something that makes sence but not for long ,thanks Rita

Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
(female)

dolores79 HB User

Mandy, I lost my oldest brother in 1994. He was 24, I was 23 and yes I still miss him a lot. He also died in a car accident.. I still think of that day, details of the wake, burial, life with him and especially things we didn't get to share. My now 8 year old asks about him all the time so that gives me a chance to honor him. He was the first born of 4 and we were 1 year apart.
I had lots of regrets, but I believe I've finally come to terms with his death..Now that I have kids I can totally understand what my mother, grandma, relatives went through.
I keep pictures of him around the house so he comes up in conversations quite often. I wish he was here but I'm also convinced he has a job up there, and he is our very special guardian *angel*..I know my faith is what saw me through his passing.
Mandy, it will get better, keep his memory alive and talk to him, you can have a different kind of relationship with him and your love for him doesn't have to die..
Hugs,
Dolores

Closed Thread