It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
(male)

perryreid67 HB User
letter to someone who is dying

How to write a letter to someone who is dying

Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
(male)

dustydigger HB User
Re: letter to someone who is dying

I am dying and have thought of writing letters to people I will leave behind. My decision is to go and talk to them now. Why wait and why send a letter. Tell them (or him/her) what you want to say. It's not like they're going to keep the letter and read it later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

How do you write a letter to someone who is dying? From the heart.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

There is nothing wrong with both. Both speak to them now, and leave a written word that your loved ones can hold onto.

I treasure my great-grandfathers wallet, just for the handwritten signature left in it.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
(male)

dustydigger HB User

It depends if you want to leave a letter for the benefit of the dying person or the benefit of yourself. As writeleft said, she treasures the wallet. It makes her happy. But it does nothing for great grand father. And if the letter is kept by her loved ones, again it will make her happy and her loved ones, but doesn't do anything for the person who is dead. Go and speak to them. It will mean so much more to them. When I want to tell my wife how much I love her, I tell her. When I want to tell a friend, or my nieces how much I love them, I tell them. It means so much more than a letter. Unless there is some reason that the dying person cannot hear you. But if it is because of their illness and they can't hear you, it is unlikley they could read. Unless of course, if you want to give the dying person a letter to make yourself feel better, then go ahead. There is nothing wrong with that. It just depends on what you want to accomplish.

Last edited by dustydigger; 02-04-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

telling your loved one's what you want to say in person before you die is amazing! do it.
leaving a letter behind as well, is a great idea. i lost my mother, she told me everything she had to say, and i did listen, though i still never thought i would lose her. when she passed i went to her house and checked everywhere for my letter, i never found one, even though she said what she wanted to say to me, for some strange reason i needed that letter, though i never got one.

Closed Thread