It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

linda3609 HB User
my son died, how can i go on

my son died, how can i go on

Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: my son died, how can i go on

I can only give you my sincerest empathy to your sorrow.Please pray for all who have passed before us.My wife let this earth a couple of years ago.I know it is not the same,but I am having a hard time getting on with my life.I had a constant companion for nearly 50 years,and don't know when I can recover from my sadness.I have been told recently by a mother who lost her son that she will never get over this loss.She is a vibrant woman who teaches others how to line dance.This helps her; to do volunteer work.I have been driving visually handicaped people to Dr's appointments,etc.This has helped me to get my mind on these beautiful souls. I pray that the Lord will give you the strength to continue on, to achieve a little peace of mind,knowing that you will be united
with your child forever. God Bless...Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsville View Post
I can only give you my sincerest empathy to your sorrow.Please pray for all who have passed before us.My wife let this earth a couple of years ago.I know it is not the same,but I am having a hard time getting on with my life.I had a constant companion for nearly 50 years,and don't know when I can recover from my sadness.I have been told recently by a mother who lost her son that she will never get over this loss.She is a vibrant woman who teaches others how to line dance.This helps her; to do volunteer work.I have been driving visually handicaped people to Dr's appointments,etc.This has helped me to get my mind on these beautiful souls. I pray that the Lord will give you the strength to continue on, to achieve a little peace of mind,knowing that you will be united
with your child forever. God Bless...Bill
i can relate to both of you. i lost my son will be 10 years April 6 through sucidide. no closures. he was 26. such a sweet young man. Iv cried everyday for 10 years and I will cry everyday until I take my last breath. he is worth every tear I shed for him. no I dont do it for long periods of time. just looking at a yellow butterfly and i tear will come. and then I give a smile up in heaven. then Nov 8 just 4 short months ago. I lost my hubby with lung cancer. we where together for 40 years on Valentines Day. Iv made it through it for 10 years and I will make it through my hubby. stay busy and think about all the good things. and yes the good memories will make you even sadder at times but then in my case I know with sucidide he must had been sick at the moment to do that. and cancer took my beloved . they would want us to be happy and help others. keep posting. this has help me very much. I care. love faye disney world

Old 03-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
(female)

Eldestgirl HB User

Linda
My most heartfelt sorrow for your loss. I think you are quite rightly in absolute shock at the moment. Please come back here when you feel able.

I can't tell you how sorry I feel for you this is terrible and all I can say is Disney has given you some good advice there and although you probably can't see it like this right now things will get calmer for you. Know that you are not alone and that people care for you. My thoughts are with you and I will pray for you and think of you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 03-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

I am terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. When the time is right you may want to join a support group with others who are grieving.

God bless you,
Sue

Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
(female)

subgirl6 HB User

Hi. My son died nearly 7 weeks ago. He had just turned 16 and he was murdered. The feeling of 'how can I go on?' is so familiar. For the first time in my life I really felt what it was like to want to just lay down and die. Curl up in a corner somewhere and just die. And I thought I'd had suicidal thoughts in the past. They were nothing like this. How could I live without him in this world? What was the point? Where was the justice, the fairness? When would the excruciating heaviness, despair and pain end? Did I want it to end?

Somehow just lately, that heaviness has lifted a bit. I don't know how or why, but for some reason I've managed to carry on. I suppose it's mainly for my 13 year old daughter - I keep thinking how could I leave her the legacy of a dead brother and mother? But I still don't know how I go on. I don't want to. But there's no alternative really.

So I don't really have any answers, except to say that I feel for you completely, and I am so, so sorry, beyond words, for both of us. And that carrying on seems like something we can't contemplate, because we have to learn to live with such a deep pain.

Take gentle care of yourself. There are others who feel just like you. That may be one of the only comforts at this stage. And I hear it does get better with time (i know it's a cliche), although things can never be the same again.

Closed Thread