It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

shayla435 HB User
Question Loosing a Mother

Hi everyone,
I lost my mother when i was nine years old, she died while giving birth to my little brother. I is called emniotic fluid embolisim. i don't have anything of hers or even a picture. which is hard to think about. I think to myself that i am fine, and that it was a long time ago, but in reality.... i hurt all the time about it. Is it because i have no memory of her or what she sounded like? all i can remember about her is the way her hands looked and her feet. I had no mother figure nor i dad. He was in prison and never in my life. But i don't know what to do about it. SHould i get councling? How do you cope with something like that? that has happened so many years ago. I really dont think i have delt with it properly, i was so young and i didnt know what to do.
THis morning i woke up crying, i was having a dream, and i was about to see my mom in my dream. I had never dreampt about her before. But for some reason, i didnt get to see her. I woke up before i got to. I wonder what that means. For all of those out there who have lost a mother or somone very close to them, tell me waht i should do.How do i cope with this? It was so long ago and i still am grieving over it.
And i want to cry, but i think my family will think i am stupid because it has been 8 years since it happened. At her funeral i didnt even cry. I just need some help.

Last edited by shayla435; 03-25-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
(female)

Marie1973 HB User
Re: Loosing a Mother

Shayla,dont ever feel stupid for how you feel.You're entiltled to still grieve your mom.
Counciling might be a good idea-to get things off your chest or to talk about how you feel and be able to deal with it better.

Although I didnt experience what you have,I lost my dad 7 months ago and am still grieving.I know I will always miss him and I believe I will still cry for him 8 years from now and always-so you are not alone.And it's okay to miss them and to talk about it.
My mom lost her mom in 1992 and she still cries at times-missing her,and that's okay.

I'm very sorry for what you went through ,and at such a young age.I was 34 when my dad passed and he was 84.

We are here for you,
Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
(female)

shayla435 HB User
Re: Loosing a Mother

Thank you so much for your response Marie, I appreciate the support.

Closed Thread