It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
(male)

sood02491 HB User
Grief and Sadness and feeling lonely

Hi:

On March 27 this year, my mother passed away. Her pacemaker was removed about 2 1/2 months ago due to infection.
Her Doctor at that time said that a new pacemaker will be put in after a month or so.
Recently, the doctor checked her and said she did not need one and to continue giving her heart medications.

On Thursday, she went shopping with friends and had a decent dinner around 8.30 P.M - around 9.30 P.M she came out of her bedroom to the kitchen to take her nightly medication. She looked just fine!

She always used to watched TV at night and just before switching it off or soon after she would take her dentures off.

In the morning, I found that her head was on the night table and looked as if she was about to fall out of bed.
There was foam coming out of her mouth and she felt very cold. After I wiped, some more foam came out.
Paramedics told us that she had no heart activity and that she had expired.

What I do not understand is why her head was on night table with legs still on bed. Her head was next to the TV Remote. The TV was off and she was not covered by her blanket. She never took her dentures off.
The way the blanket was, it appeared that either she was trying to go to bed or trying to get out.

What exactly happened? I am confused and just hope that she had a peaceful death.
Will appreciate comments from you all.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User
Re: Grief and Sadness and feeling lonely

It would seem by your description of finding your mother partially in bed and uncovered that her passing was sudden. Apparently she had reached for the remote and turned off the TV and then expired so quickly that she didn't have time to even return her head to her pillow and cover up.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Take peace in knowing that she had just had a wonderful day and dinner with friends, and most likely did not suffer at her passing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
(male)

sood02491 HB User

As you mentioned, I do hope that Mom died peacefully and did not suffer at all.

It has been bothering me a lot not knowing what exactly happened all of a
sudden.

Makes it very hard especially because Mom lived with me.

Loss of Mom has been a great loss for me.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
(female)

misty125 HB User

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear mom.

As Sonflower said, it sounds as though your mom passed quickly. My son-in-law passed in much the same way. He was only 43-years-old and was by himself at the time of his passing. When he was found, he had been outside mowing and apparently had come in to rest. He still had the TV remote in his hand when they found him. He loved life and loved to cook. My daughter said his favorite saying was "porkfat rules". We take comfort in knowing he passed quickly and with apparently little discomfort.

Closed Thread