It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

crazylou2222 HB User
Miss my mom

My mom passed away about a month ago and I miss her so much. I can't imagine what my life is going to be like without her, I am only 25. I just want to talk to her and see her again. I miss her.

I feel so alone. My brother and sister in law live in a different city and they are busy with work. My dad had been cheating on my mom before she passed. I found out and have kept it bottled up inside because I didn't want to hurt my mom, especially with all of her health problems. I told my dad to stop or else I would leave, and he acted like he would, but I know he didn't. I can't support myself yet or I would totally leave.

He took good care of my mom while she was sick and needed help, I am not denying that, but I feel like he was just waiting for her to pass so he could be with his "girlfriend". It has only been a month and he is already seeing this woman secretly. I leave home in a few days and I know he is just waiting so that he can see her and not have to be secretive about it because I won't be here.

I mean he has a right to be happy, but I don't like that it is with this other woman who he was cheating on my mom with. And he doesn't care about me becaues I have told him to stop and he still doesn't. I have told him 4 times. If he cared he would have stopped after the first time. I shouldn't have to tell him again.

I just feel like my mom deserves so much better than this. She deserves someone who still remembers her and isn't off with some other woman just a month after she passes, especially after they spent 35 years together.

I just miss my mom so much and I don't know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User
Re: Miss my mom

Hi, crazylou, I'm so sorry that your Mom passed. My Mom just died the end of April. I miss her alot, too. Do you believe in the afterlife? I do and that gives me peace. I also believe that I will see her again one day... I'm also sorry about your Dad and his disregard of your feelings. That would be tough. I'm glad that you have shared your feelings on this message board. You will find support here. Hang in there & I pray you will find peace. Hold onto your memories of your Mom--noone can take that away from you! Kym.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymberlee View Post
Hi, crazylou, I'm so sorry that your Mom passed. My Mom just died the end of April. I miss her alot, too. Do you believe in the afterlife? I do and that gives me peace. I also believe that I will see her again one day... I'm also sorry about your Dad and his disregard of your feelings. That would be tough. I'm glad that you have shared your feelings on this message board. You will find support here. Hang in there & I pray you will find peace. Hold onto your memories of your Mom--noone can take that away from you! Kym.
hey girls, i lost my hubby of 40 years in Nov. his baby girl that is 27 was his eyeball and he was her. she just as of last week. seek help with her emotions. she loved her dad so much. and she has kept it in for 6 months. and the last several with her talking has help her so much. so please seek outside help with the loss of your moms. take care a loving mom that will listen to you. faye disney world

Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney world View Post
hey girls, i lost my hubby of 40 years in Nov. his baby girl that is 27 was his eyeball and he was her. she just as of last week. seek help with her emotions. she loved her dad so much. and she has kept it in for 6 months. and the last several with her talking has help her so much. so please seek outside help with the loss of your moms. take care a loving mom that will listen to you. faye disney world
hope you girls are doing ok. you keep talking. that will help you get through this. just loss for both of you. disney world

Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
(female)

iamtooyoung HB User

Hi crazylou, I lost my dad on Christmas morning unexpectedly -- we were very very close and I feel how you're feeling because I'm only 23 and I don't know a single person my age who has lost a parent like I have.

I struggle with where my dad is right now. On good days though, I try to think he is looking down on me and I need to try my best to make him proud. I'm sure your mom is looking down on you. I am so sorry for your loss

Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
(male)

kevpark HB User

Hi crazylou. I feel your pain. what you are feeling is totally natural. I lost someone very close to me too a couple months ago. i know my grandma is not the same as losing a mom but she really was like my second mom, after all i lived with her away from my mom for a very very long time and my grandma raised me. i used to think that she was my mom.

you are handling this courageously. the fact that you still care about your dad and your mom show that you are a truly beautifully compassionate human being. never forget that. im not sure if she told you whether she was or not, but im almost certain that she was very very proud of you (some parents dont show it or deny it but im sure deep down she was proud of you) for the kind wonderful human being you have become.

know that you have made her more proud in the time you had with her than many mothers with ungrateful kids could ever be, even they have their kids around for a long time.

feel the peace that comes with knowing that you were a great daughter and thats all that any mother could ever ask for.

you made her the happiest woman on earth and she lived a successful life because of you.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
(male)

kevpark HB User

Kymberlee, know that your dad is in a better place. He is not in any pain. And his love for you still lives forever in your heart.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #8
(male)

kevpark HB User

iamtooyoung, you are right. your dad is looking down of you and couldn't be more proud of you, to see what a kind and compassionate person you grown up to be.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
(male)

Ihatecats HB User

HELLO group! in reguards of missing your mom she always with you! your never alone because she walking with you right beside you and in your heart

Old 08-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #10
(female)

smithlnd HB User

I know that your pain is real and it is no fun to hurt. I have 3 daughters, all maried and one daughter mother in law passed away 6 days ago, had funeral and then on the same
nite she found out her husband has been cheating on her with this other woman. She has
took her things and 2 children and moved back home with us, wanted my advice, it felt so bad as we all came together to plan this guy's mother's funeral and all. feels like a slap
on the face any idea, don't know what will come next. Don't think she will go back to him
and the oldest granchild just lost a grandmother now will lose a father.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
(female)

CandiBrewer09 HB User

I can related in a sense. My mom died on April 24th 2009 suddenly in her sleep. I had talked to her hours before, but rushed her off the phone so I could hang out with my friends. She was only 56 and suffered more through life than anyone I knew. She wasn't ready to die. My father was and had been cheating on her for over 4 to 5 years. My mom knew about it, but because of her health, bad back problems, she stayed under his roof. I always felt like my mom deserved better in this life than what she was given. Honestly, she suffered. Some days I make it okay and think, my moms in heaven with her daughter, my sister her died 19 years ago in a car accident, but other days I feel the pain all over again. I am pregnant, with what would be her 2nd grandchild (my first child). She died while I was 2 months pregnant. She didn't get to see me marry my Husband, and she won't get to see our son be born. My mom was a foundation for me, and I never showed her that, nor got to tell her. Your right, your mom did deserve better from your father, but she is in heaven now. God see's suffering and grants eternal happiness. That's what I like to think. If you don't have faith, please search for it. I went through a phase of resentment towards God, but I pray he doesn't let my faith slip away, I still need it and him.

I hope you feel comfort in good memories of your mother, she wouldn't want you to be sad in this life. In fact, someone once said, your loved one might be looking down on you saying, "Man, I feel so bad for them having to go through hell on earth, while I'm up here in heaven at peace."

Best wishes to you!
Candi

Closed Thread