It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

gracenote HB User
Wrinkles Disappear, Glowing, Young, Peaceful Looking?

I don't mean to be crude. My 87 year old Mother has just died.

But my sister and I are quite perplexed. We think surely it must be a medical 'thing'.
Even though we are Christians and would love to think otherwise.

Our Mother had a stroke. Mild one at first then major. She got to talk to everyone to say 'bye'. And give instructions

She was only in the hospital a couple of days and then went to hospice for a couple of days.

My sis (no drama queen) and her VERY reasonable husband saw her on Wed. and said she had this peaceful, glow, and get this.....no wrinkles! My sis wished she had her camera. She was asleep and didn't wake up.

Thurs. (the next morning) morn she died.

Our question is ....was she already gone?

I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to a forum or site that could answer this question. Medical or religious whatever it takes. We are so bumfounded.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
Re: Wrinkles Disappear, Glowing, Young, Peaceful Looking?

Its been a proven fact that most people seem to always look their best right before they pass; usually 12 to 24 hours before. This is God's gift to the people, so they can remember the person looking their best.

Once they get to heaven, the angels ask them what age was the happiest time of their lives and then that is the way they'll look forever!

Your sister was blessed to have seen what she did

Caring

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
(female)

gracenote HB User
Re: Wrinkles Disappear, Glowing, Young, Peaceful Looking?

Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caringsister54 View Post
Its been a proven fact that most people seem to always look their best right before they pass; usually 12 to 24 hours before. This is God's gift to the people, so they can remember the person looking their best.

Once they get to heaven, the angels ask them what age was the happiest time of their lives and then that is the way they'll look forever!

Your sister was blessed to have seen what she did

Caring

Closed Thread