It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

Georgette HB User
Ex-boyfriend's mother passed away - what should I do?

My ex-boyfriend's mom died on Saturday, and I am wondering whether or not it would be appropriate for me to attend the visitation and/or service. I was with him for almost 9 years, and we have been broken up for over 12 years. Our breakup was not the greatest; he was very bitter and felt I left him for no reason; it's a long story. I moved on rather quickly, but he hasn't had a girlfriend since me.

I'm torn between paying my respects to someone who was a part of my life for such a long time, versus staying away so as to not make my ex uncomfortable. He can be immature and irrational sometimes (part of why we broke up), so I don't want there to be a scene because of me. I haven't talked to him since just a few months after our breakup, and haven't physically seen him in about 8 years. My mom has spoken to him and his mom a few times over the years, so she mentioned about possibly going. However, neither of them attended my father's funeral back in 2001.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User
Re: Ex-boyfriend's mother passed away - what should I do?

For sure it would be appropriate to attend the service, you were part of these peoples
lives for a long time and all you want to do is pay respect to the family. Okas so they didn't come, we're not all the same and obviously you're the better person in all this.
I think people like you are amazing, the fact that you're even considering it is great, i would go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread