It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
(female)

JeffsMum HB User
They say my son is dead!

The police told me they discovered my son dead in his flat. They said he had been dead for a while. How can that be? That can't be true. I don't want this to be true. If I don't accept it, it won't be true. But all the time I'm saying this I am trying to make the necessary arrangements. Why am I doing that? I am talking to my other three sons about the arrangements, the police who found my boy and funeral homes and everything else but Im waiting for him to phone me or someone to say that there has been a mistake. I want him to come home now. What is wrong with me. Am I going mad?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: JeffsMum
andyboysmum (01-11-2011), Twiz (03-16-2011)
Old 11-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
(female)

mariearmstrong HB User
Re: They say my son is dead!

no...your not going mad...my brother was found the same way, by the police in a hotel room, he had been there for a few days...i was the one sibiling that was with my mom comforting her for several days and also leading up to the funeral....i also went with her to help with the funeral arrangments...it was all very very traumatizing for her as she wanted it to be a wonderful funeral all the time she could not believe he was gone...she displayed all the same things you refer to...she was devistated and felt she was going mad...the doctor ended up giving her adavan (spelling?) to help her sleep and generally relax a bit..she did not take very many but she did take a few. she used them again a few times when her sister died suddenly of heart attack...im not here advocating drugs...im just telling you that you are not odd, or rare, or even going mad...have you been able to see your son to say goodbye???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread