It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
(female)

shandab HB User
I miss my father

Tomorrow will be the first Thanksgiving without my father. That was the last holiday we spent together last year before he died. I feel horrible because I always went to his house last. I spent most of the holiday at my grandmother's house (and that side of my family does not even like me). So I did not get to spend that much time with him on that day. And I had no idea that this was going to be the last holiday that we spent together. He hid that he was dying from us. He said that he had something that was going to get fixed with surgery in about a month. He died in Jan of this year. I have felt alot of emotions but now all I feel is pain. And I am pregnant too. I really hurt knowing that he will not be around to be in my childs life. I pray but the pain will not go away. It seems to be getting worse and I know that I am not alone. I just needed to share this with somebody..anybody. I just hope that I can be strong enough to get through tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

JenRas05 HB User
Re: I miss my father

hi, I feel for you...i just lost my father three weeks ago. We were very shocked, he had recovered from an partial leg amputation and was walking on a prostetic leg and just got to come home and then a week later he died of a heart attack in his sleep. I have always been really close to my dad, daddy's girl my entire life. It was the hardest thing to go through and still is tough. I so wanted him to be there to walk me down the aisle when i get married someday and when i have children. He wanted to be there too. I will miss him very much but I still feel like he is a part of me. He has been part of my life for 22 years and his memory and everything he taught me will live on! I hope God will give you peace and may your father's memory remind you of happy times together.

God bless,
Jennifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
(female)

Marie1973 HB User
Re: I miss my father

I'm very sorry to both of you on the loss of your Fathers.I lost my Dad on August 17th 2008,and still miss him.
I'll always miss him.They say the first year is the hardest and that crying and sadness happen at random times-and it does.
I was crying just a few nights ago about my Dad.
Holidays are hard and sure not the same-but our Fathers are still with us in memory and spirit,and I'm sure watching over us.

I put an ornament on my tree with my Dad's picture on it.
Sometimes it's really hard just knowing that we will never see them again here on this earth-but know that we will one day.
We will never forget them...the impact they had on our lives....

It will get better in time and we'll always have our memories to cherish.

May God bless you both and our Fathers that we loved so much,
Marie

Closed Thread