It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User
Im slowly/copd/advanced emphysema/help

Im a 50 yr old divorced male w/two girls who dont really know what is goin on w/my health.I have no insurance-have to go thru appeals process with social security,they turned me down twice as i slowly tube here.....beaurocratic b.s.....I live with a friend who hasnt charged me for room/board...havent been able to work since july 2008....good thing im not homeless yet...been in hospital 10 times in last year/half...pneumonia,cor pulmonale-right side branch block in my heart causes complications,edema-leg swelling...man,do i sound like congestive heart failure...gurgle/wheeze fairly good..am on o2 alot..chest pain,couple spots hurt real bad,feels like knife stickin in my sides,lungs out,like pushing on my ribs....i have osteoporsis...have multiple vertabrae compression fractures in my thoracic area which just happens to be near my lungs,hurts....was smoker for 35 years and after this stuff still totally havent quit...anxiety attacks huge-big time...need somethin for that...i panic then cant breathe worse....am on methadone and oxy 30 for breakthru but pain has been getting worse....i go to a charity clinic,they put me on advair and advair co sent me a coupon for 3 mths of advair for ten bucks....i have no one to talk to....alls i do all day is lay or sit...if i do anything i get out of breath,lump in my throat,neck feels tight,legs back butt,pain...any help would be appreciated...chefob1

Last edited by chefob1; 01-20-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: Im slowly/copd/advanced emphysema/help

So Sorry that you are so ill. I suggest that if you have not read on the disabilities board that you do so as there is great info there on the disability process. I know that it took me almost five years to be approved. I too had to rely on the kindness of others having depleted all savings and losing a home. There are many who have gone through similar experience with SSA. I know that persistence and good records is the key. I do hope your wait will not be much longer. I am glad to hear that you do have some help with your living situation. That truly is a good friend to help one in need. Take care.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
(female)

star_light221 HB User

i am so sorry for your pain
my friend has emphysemia which was diagnosed by xray of the lung,she does not have congested chest does not get the flue and yet the doctor said she deffinately has emphysemia. I do not understand her diagnosis as i thought emphysemia was congested lungs and aviolis
I would love to chat with you
Star

Old 03-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
(female)

Eudorawelty HB User

Hello. This is my first time here. I am just learning about COPD and am learning more about it as my brother is suffering with it. But I do know that some of the medications you mentioned depress the respiratory system. Talk to your MD or go online and look up what each medication does. I do hope you get to feel better soon. Take care.

Closed Thread