It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
(male)

whiteknight77 HB User
Would Like To Write A Letter And Have It Sent To My Wife After I Die - How do I that?

Hi There,

I'm weak and doing everything I possibly can to eat healthy and live healthy. The reality is I'm weaker than I've ever been, physically disabled and in tons of pain, and I never sleep. But I'm not afraid at all and actually very joyful.

Anyways, I'd like to write a letter and have it sent to my wife in the event that I die and go to heaven. (I kinda feel like it will be soon). Anyone know of an organization or insurance company that does this. Thanks for any tips.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User
Re: Would Like To Write A Letter And Have It Sent To My Wife After I Die - How do I t

My heart goes out to you.
I would think perhaps you can do that with your notary. He can attach it in the file with your will and he will make sure she gets it. I am so sorry, i have no words for you, all i can say is that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Would Like To Write A Letter And Have It Sent To My Wife After I Die - How do I t

Better,perhaps,to leave a letter with your papers,with the notation that it should not be opened till you pass.My wife left instructions on how she wanted to be taken care of,and my kids showed me that they ignored the letter,and did what they lovingly wanted. No harm,I guess. Good luck...Bill

Last edited by Administrator; 02-09-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
(male)

whiteknight77 HB User

Thanks a lot for the kind words and information. I appreciated it. I'll have to look into a Notary hopefully its not too expensive I dont have any insurance.

Last edited by whiteknight77; 02-10-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

There are services that you can pay to do this. Someone posted not too long ago about receiving one from his wife via that method. Perhaps an attorney or funeral home could direct you to such a company.

Other than that, I'm sure you've prepared a will. You could have your attorney give it to her at a designated time (first holiday after you pass, birthday, whatever) or a trusted friend.

I'm sorry you are going thru this and wish you peace.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I'm sorry you're facing this, but my thought is.....why not give her the letter while you're still alive?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I'm sure if money is an issue, you could ask a trusted friend, or relative to pass the letter on to your wife..It would likely be an honor.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:51 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight77 View Post
Thanks a lot for the kind words and information. I appreciated it. I'll have to look into a Notary hopefully its not too expensive I dont have any insurance.
But how old are you? And what is the matter with you? Can you share with us?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
(male)

missingbuddy HB User

my wife recently died unexpectedly when going through stuff cleaning bookshelves we found a goodby letter to each of our three son and myself dated afew years ago the goodby notes where in three different notebooks at various places throughout the house i read the notes every day so priceless so gratefull she wrote them

Last edited by missingbuddy; 02-13-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #10
(male)

whiteknight77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendulum View Post
But how old are you? And what is the matter with you? Can you share with us?
I'm 29, young and married. I have severe MCS and get allergic reaction from even the smallest hint of perfumes or fragrances. That includes shampoos, deodorants and everything else. I'm also allergic to everything. Like the trees,grass,dust mites. I'm what they call a universal reactor, or very close to it. There is very little things that I'm not allergic to. I'm even allergic to the slight outgassing of stoves and some eletronic devices. As such my body is constantly producting "histamine" which in turn creates a tremendous amount of "inflammation" in my nasal and sinus passages. I have sleep apena, and a very serious case of sinisitus which never goes away. Thats just a little bit of whats wrong with my body. I could fill two pages if I wanted to. I sincerly appreciate your concern. I dont have many friends that live in my state so its always nice to be understood. Most "healthy" people just don't understand me. Which makes it kinda difficult. They haven't figured out a cure for MCS eyt. Avoidance is the only thing you can do. Which is night impossible for me. I need heat, and I'm allergic to ordinary bedding and clothings as well. I can only wear organic cotton 100% chemically untreated clothings, which is extremly expensive. Well thats a quick snap shot. Thanks for your question
:-)

Last edited by whiteknight77; 02-14-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:51 AM   #11
(male)

whiteknight77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
I'm sorry you're facing this, but my thought is.....why not give her the letter while you're still alive?
Thats a good point. I communicate my feelings everyday to her. We usually pray and talk everday. We are a pretty solid couple. Latly its been tough for her. Really tough. Sometimes, I think its harder for her than it is for me. She is usually good at controlling her emotions but . . . . . . well you know.

I guess I would like to leave her some reminder instructions after I'm gone in addition to our communication today.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
(male)

greens HB Usergreens HB User

So sorry to read about your situation, I think it is a good idea to send a letter after you have gone. A company that can do this for you is forward touch. <edited>

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-15-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules

Closed Thread