It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

Hello321 HB User
Losing my dad young

Hi,
My dad recently passed away very suddenly, he was only 50 there was absolutely nothing wrong with him he was healthy and active had never seen him even with a cold, he died of a blood clot which caused death straight away. At the beginning it just felt surreal and I just didnt want to be here anymore I thought whats the point and couldnt imagine living life without him, I would never take my own life because of the grief it would cause my mum and brothers and I would never want them to be put through that again. I feel like none of my friends understand- I mean why would they if they havent been through it? I find myself resenting them for this and feeling alone. My boyfriend also broke up with me which has made things worse because I talked to him alot and I feel like it's too much to handle all at once why couldnt he just wait a little bit so I could deal with everything else first. But life moves on for everyone else and its hard trying to catch up, I just wanted to write on here and see if there was anyone going through a similar thing

Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Losing my dad young

Just wanted to say I am so sorry about your father. My dad died several years ago. I don't think anyone is able to really understand death in itself until it hits close to home. When I went thru it I was a nursing student and had to deal quick or get kicked out. My boyfriend would not allow me to grieve. He thought I should be over it in two months. Anyway, I do know something about how you must feel. There are several stages a person goes through. Go ahead and feel those feelings they are completely valid. Try writing, it helps. Sincerely, searchin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
(female)

Hello321 HB User

Thank you searchin, coming on here makes me see that other people also go through this, its just the people around me havent. I feel bad for being so upset over my boyfriend because there's so much other stuff to be upset over at the moment and its hard when u wanna talk but u dont know who to talk to

Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

I talk to my journal and then I look back at it say a month later. It helps me sort through things and when I look at it later I can see how far I have come from when I wrote in it. Your boyfriend could have picked a more appropriate time to end your relationship. Some people just kick you when you are down!! Talk to me anytime you feel like it. If you want to be friends just click the friend tab and we will go from there.Sincerely, searchin

Closed Thread