It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
(male)

paulsteve HB User
dad passing away

my dad passed away on wednesday the 15th september 2010, although i loved him so much i dont seem to care that he has gone is this normal? I didnt even go to the funeral cos i didnt care my sister has called a few times since his passing but i wish she didnt PLEASE HELP ME.

thank you.

Steven Walsh.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: dad passing away

People deal with death of a loved one in their own way. Some feel the need to be around others and share their thoughts and feelings, where others tend to want to go on as if nothing happened. Even though one may have experienced a loss, and opted not to pay that final goodbye does not negate the love one had for that person. Some just do not need the closure that others seek. I know that even though I have lost quite a few loved ones in the past, some close and others just good friends; I did not enjoy going to the services, I did it mostly out of respect for the remaining family members. It was torture at times to sit through those services.
I know that even though I was expected to have been to some final arrangements for family, I would rather have remembered them by doing something that they thoroughly enjoyed in their lifetime. Kinda a personal honor to that person.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread