It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

rememberhim HB User
Unhappy Will feeling of depression ever go away?

Hello,
I am new to this site but need help from others to get through the most difficult time of my life. I recently lost my dad on November 29. I got a call early that morning that my dad had collapsed after being sick with the flu. I met my mom at the hospital and was hopeful because I thought he was just dizzy from vomiting and fainted. We spent 3 days in the hospital and he underwent surgery on his heart because as it turned out, he suffered a massive heart attack. After his heart was fixed we were very hopeful again that the outcome would be positive. It wasn't until Sunday morning when the Neurologist came in and told us that my dad had absolutely no brain activity because he was without oxygen and blood for too long after his fall. He was taken off the ventilator Monday morning and I can't stop reliving this awful nightmare. I think by replaying each horrid detail in my mind is my brain's way of trying to make sense of everything but it doesn't seem real. I don't know how to go on from here. I have a 10 month old baby and I find it extremely difficult to take care of him at this time. Will I ever feel normal again and if so how long will it take to be able to function again? Any support is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: Will feeling of depression ever go away?

I want to say that i am very sorry for your loss and i am sending hugs to you. It must have been very painful and the hardest time in your life. I just want to say that it will take time to feel a little better but don't push yourself just take your time to grieve for your loss and maybe speak to some bereavment counsellor about how you feel maybe take your mom with you. Maybe you and your mom can sit together and go through photos and have a laugh about old funny times with your dad it can help sometimes depends on the person really. Maybe send a balloon in the sky with a little message. Sorry if none of this helps just hope it does. Your baby definately needs you and your dad would be proud of you if you keep strong for your family. I hope you will feel okay soon. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
(female)

Lollipop24 HB User
Re: Will feeling of depression ever go away?

Sorry to hear you lost your father I lost two family members this year I know the feeling all to well.

Yes, it will go away but it's going to take time before you feel okay again.. just take it day by day. Everyone is different. For some people it takes more time to get through the grieving process. Time will heal your wounds or at least make them more bearable. Wish you the best.

Closed Thread