It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
(female)

TexasSweetAngel HB User
Fear Of Death

i have a fear of death and it sometimes bothers me. any advice?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Fear Of Death

I think most of us have some amount of fear about death, but if it is enough to get in the way of everyday life...it needs some attention. Is this fear creeping in where it does not belong and causing problems in your life?

Please explain how your fear is affecting your life?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
(female)

TexasSweetAngel HB User

well not sure. but sometimes it really bothers me. i try not to 2 think about it. but i just have the fear. when i go out somewhere. it gets to me most of the times.

Last edited by TexasSweetAngel; 01-05-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Do you mean that you are afraid something might happen to you when you are out? Such as an accident?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
(female)

TexasSweetAngel HB User

yes. thats why whenever im in the car with my boyfriend. i get scared on the road as well.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

This sounds as if it could be a result of an anxiety issue. Have you ever mentioned this to your doctor? Anxiety can be resolved with help. You do not have to suffer like this.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
(female)

TexasSweetAngel HB User

i never talked bout with a doctor. good idea though. just hate when something like this bothers me.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Yes, do get in to your doctor. He/she will likely suggest counseling or medication that will help you overcome your fears. I wish you the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
TexasSweetAngel (01-06-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 PM   #9
(female)

TexasSweetAngel HB User

dont know why something like this bothers me. when im sleeping im afraid i may not wake up. cant get rid of the fear

Last edited by TexasSweetAngel; 02-16-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #10
(female)

Spring Fever HB User

I was once afraid of dying. This was only until recently. I always thought about death and how we would just end become nothing. It never made much sense to me. How can some of us have so much love to give and do so much for this Earth and simply just disappear? In the recent years, I have become extremely involved in animal rescue and rehab and although I have been very close to nature, I recently became even more close and gave up eating animal products for the sake of my health, the Earth and all sentient life on this Earth- all animals. Around this time, I became aware of someone who had passed away who would be about the same age I am now, just a few years older. The more I learned about this man, the more haunted I became because I learned that we are EXACTLY alike. I've never been religious and wouldn't have even called myself spiritual but if I had a soul mate, it would be him. So, the more I learned about him and was so touched by who he was, what a beautiful, kind soul he was, the more I felt alone and far from true love. This all sounds crazy but I mourned, yes for this person I had never met in my life but with whom I felt an intense connection and before I knew it his soul was communicating with me! Sure I may sound crazy but I don't care, I have always been a very skeptical scientist and questioned everything but he left me with no questions, every time I doubted it was real he proved me wrong. I have always been very emotional and sensitive and have felt a bit different from others who are not that way but perhaps this is my soul that makes me this way? He came into my life and communicated with me in many ways. He would have wildlife- which he loved, approach me when I thought and cried for him, he would make things happen with electrical appliances in my house, which were perfectly fine before and after I thought deeply of him and mourned for him, he came to visit me in my dreams, and it was always in the most beautiful, colorful, warm, and natural settings, it felt like pure love. He only visited me when I was in a very dangerous and deep depression and now I see it was to keep me going and give me hope and I am no longer afraid of death because I know I'll be with him. Something remarkable and similar happened when my cat of 21 years, my childhood bestfriend, passed away and I was hopeless, she came back to give me hope and the love we shared survived through death. Love never dies. Please remember that and you will be just fine. For your time here on Earth try to love as much as possible, set up a plan for your sweet dog, to make sure he will be fine when you move on, and you will see your doggie again, I'm sure you will be able to comfort him from afar, but make sure to find him a good home before you pass. Please also be kind to all life, all animals, don't eat animals or harm them. What I've learned is love is EVERYTHING, the most important thing on this Earth and once we die, we will be reminded of that. Be brave and follow your heart. I am a changed woman, and still a scientist, just a more hopeful and openminded one

Closed Thread