It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
(female)

Kelsinpa HB User
The Second Anniversary of son's death

I have friends and family all around me but the late hours of night are the most difficult times of my day. I usually have a full day of activity but when I lay down to sleep, memories of my son ,both good and tragic, come to me in every detail. I take a Sleeping medication to help quiet my mind so I can sleep.

Instead of self-medicating, I'd like to use this forum for late-night conversation with others who need someone to talk about their loss from the perspective of aged parent.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2011 at 03:29 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Kelsinpa
Ivorygirl (02-09-2011), Twiz (03-16-2011)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
(female)

Ivorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB User
Re: The Second Anniversary of son's death

Hi there......I cannot really relate firsthand but can from seeing my own mom grieve the loss of my younger brother who died 18 months ago. He had a long rare illness and my mom was so distraught about losing a child before her time came.

I think that was her greatest concern, that she would have to see him go before she did.

I can't even describe the pain I saw in my mom amongst my own during the time he was in Hospice....with my brother there were many times we were called and told "it was time" and he pulled through so that when his time actually came we were as unprepared as the first time.

The only way I can come close to imagining what it must have been like for her was what Mary must have felt when she laid by the cross as they crucified her son.....having to see what was most precious to her suffer and leave this earth before her.

My mom dealt with the loss of my brother much like Mary did with such love, strength and unbelievable grace.

Unfortunately, only 9 months later we lost my mom to biliary cancer. She had never been sick in her life, walked 4 miles a day and they found her liver enlarged. She told us New Year's Eve and by March she was gone.

She left us with the same love, strength and grace. Such a GREAT loss for my dad, my other brother and I.

I know that if she were still here she would want to comfort you and tell you that she understood and try to help you through.

I wanted to post to tell you that you are not alone. Although I don't quite understand what it's like to lose and adult child, I do know the pain of losing two very special people in my life within a short period of one another.

I would recommend that you do post here rather than self-medicate. It is good to let out your feelings rather than holding them within.

If you haven't done so, I have found that journaling my feelings and writing to my brother and mom really helps.

Also, if you can find a bereavement group of others who have lost loved ones that may help as well.

My mom often shared with me how difficult it was to find somebody who understood her loss because it just wasn't right for a child to go before a parent and that many people didn't understand that.

I would imagine that you are feeling much the same.

If I can help in anyway, I would like to even if it is to just listen.

Tell us about your son and what you loved most about him. Talking about him will help you keep his memory alive....the memories I have of my mom and my brother are so wonderful and there are so many that I hold in my heart which help me through the difficult days.

I hope that you find some peace and comfort in knowing and believing that even though your son is no longer here, so long as you honor him by living your life the way in which he would like you to, you are keeping him very much alive by doing so.

Do you have other children?? And how are they doing in terms of grieving the loss of their brother.

Grief is a journey, everyone makes it at their own pace.

Give yourself permission to grieve and be gentle with yourself.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help and hopefully others will come here to help you through the difficult times at night as well.

May God comfort you and bring peace to your heart in knowing that your son is in the Palm of HIS hand.

Love and gentle (((HUGS))) ~ Ivory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
(female)

Twiz HB User

We lost our son nearly 7 years ago so i know and feel your pain.. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 03-16-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #4
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User

So sorry for you loss. We lost our son six years ago, my heart goes out to you, we know the pain you are going through.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 AM   #5
(female)

poisieden HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsinpa View Post
I have friends and family all around me but the late hours of night are the most difficult times of my day. I usually have a full day of activity but when I lay down to sleep, memories of my son ,both good and tragic, come to me in every detail. I take a Sleeping medication to help quiet my mind so I can sleep.

Instead of self-medicating, I'd like to use this forum for late-night conversation with others who need someone to talk about their loss from the perspective of aged parent.
I can say i know what ure goin thru.july 23 was my teen sons 3yr anvsery my son died from brain trauma due 2 a dirtbike inc..i still feel the pain as tho it just happened i feel the same way that u do i have so many sleepless nites so many stomache pains everytime i think of his smiles and ways but the things that get me thru everyday is my grandkids and god gave me my son all over again i was blessed with my sons son i keep tellin myself that its my son reincarnated he looks talks smiles same physique i use 2 b spooked out about the resemblence but now i thank god everyday.i cant tell u that its goin 2 get better because im still greivin but i can tell u that god took ure son with him because he needed him in ways that u cant imagine ,ure son did what he was put on this earth 2 do and he had 2 go do his real job ,u,,no as i write this im smilin because its like it came from out of kno where maybe its a lil gardian angel

Closed Thread