It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
(female)

Spring Fever HB User
Lightbulb For anyone afraid of death please read about what happened to me

I am seeing so many posts on people afraid of dying who are miserable about it. I was this way my entire life, up until last year. Below I will explain why. I hope you can all read this before the admin who seems to want to delete all of these posts reads this. People need hope and these experiences that are REAL will provide that. It saved me from so much pain, fear and suffering....
I was once afraid of dying. This was only until recently. I always thought about death and how we would just end, become nothing. It never made much sense to me. How can some of us have so much love to give and do so much for this Earth and simply just disappear? In the recent years, I have become extremely involved in animal rescue and rehab and although I have always been very close to nature, I recently became even more close and gave up eating animal products for the sake of my health, the Earth and all sentient life on this Earth- all animals. Around this time, I became aware of someone who had passed away who would be about the same age I am now, just a few years older. The more I learned about this man, the more haunted I became because I learned that we are EXACTLY alike- sense of humor, passion, respect for all life, nature, sensitivity, the way we talked, the way we dressed, our music tastes, our connection and communication with other animals, our lifestyle, what we loved, even a bit of psychic ability- that I always doubted in myself- EVERYTHING, but we were different enough to be interesting to eachother, if this makes any sense. People would even tell me that I reminded them of him, and I never met him in my life or knew about him before they told me this! I've never been religious and wouldn't have even called myself spiritual but if I had a soul mate, it would be him. So, the more I learned about him and was so touched by who he was, what a beautiful, kind soul he was, the more I felt alone and far from true love- it made me extremely sad and I felt hopeless. How am I supposed to live without him now, and I will NEVER meet him- I fell into a deep depression at one of the busiest times in my life- animals to help/save, Ph.D to finish, a day job, a father with growing health problems- people to care for. This all sounds crazy but I mourned, yes for this person I had never met in my life but with whom I felt an intense connection and before I knew it his soul was communicating with me! Sure I may sound crazy but I don't care, I have always been a very skeptical scientist and questioned everything but he left me with no questions, every time I doubted it was real he proved me wrong. We communicated through raw emotion and energy, love- I don't quite understand it- we communicated through my mind which I guess could be the soul? I have always been very emotional and sensitive and have felt a bit different from others who are not that way but perhaps this is my soul that makes me this way? He came into my life, I saw him, we held one another in many dreams. He communicated with me in many ways. He would have wildlife- which he loved, approach me several times, once a huge flock of birds came right towards my window until I stopped crying and the sun was shining bright. Foxes approached me where I imagined him standing, other animals came to me when I thought of him. When I cried for him, he would make things happen with electrical appliances in my house, which were perfectly fine before and after I thought deeply of him and mourned for him, he came to visit me in my dreams, and it was always in the most beautiful, colorful, warm, and natural settings, it felt like pure love. He only visited me when I was in a very dangerous and deep depression and now I see it was to keep me going and give me hope and I am no longer afraid of death because I know I'll be with him. Something remarkable and similar happened when my cat of 21 years, my childhood bestfriend, passed away and I was hopeless, she came back to give me hope and the love we shared survived through death. Love never dies. Not long ago there was a winter storm that caused several accidents and at one point while I was driving home in it I almost crashed my car into a large truck and went off a bridge but something took control over my car as I was struggling to survive and make it home, it was something beyond my physical ability, and I felt he was looking out for me because I had asked him to help me during that frightening time. For your time here on Earth try to love as much as possible, set up a plan for your loved ones before you die, to make sure they will be fine when you move on, and you will see them again, I'm sure you will be able to comfort them from afar. Please also be kind to all life, all animals, don't eat animals or harm them. What I've learned is love is EVERYTHING, the most important thing on this Earth and once we die, we will be reminded of that. Be brave and follow your heart. I am a changed woman, and still a scientist, just a more hopeful and openminded one

The Following User Says Thank You to Spring Fever For This Useful Post:
njposter (10-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
Re: For anyone afraid of death please read about what happened to me

I have a strange question for you. Please don't take it as argumentative or anything, just trying to understand. I'd like to start by saying that I loved your post! It is one filled with hope and promise, and I'm surprised you haven't gotten any comments on it. I believe it could do a lot of people, a lot of good! My question centers around your call to not eat other animals. Was this a hard transition for you to make? I would also like to make it, because I do not believe that our systems were made to digest other animals on this planet. I'm the type of person who will free a bug from my house, rather than smash it. I do find myself still eating meats, though, just not nearly as much as in the past. I guess I'm curious as to how you came to feel that eating other animals was wrong? My question is driven by the acts of other animals on this planet, who eat each other, and how this is a very common practics amongst us humans. What are your thoughts on this? I hope your answer can help me make that final decision to completely revamp my diet.

Thanks again for your enlightening post. I'm glad that you have had such a good experience in your lifetime, and are one less person on this planet who fears death!

Old 04-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
(female)

Spring Fever HB User

Thank you db851, I'm glad I could share with you the hope and promise given to me from these experiences. I do hope more people see it so they know death isn't so dark. At least if you show love and understanding to all life around you- this is what I took from these experiences.
About what I chose to eat vs. not to eat or contribute to, I am a scientist who has always been curious about how our bodies develop diseases and how the environment, as well as our genetic makeup will be the two main factors that trigger diseases, including cancer. So, early on, I was always researching everything that I could to try to figure out what are the healthiest foods to eat, what are our bodies naturally meant to process, etc. On top of this, as a biologist, I have also learned how highly complex and intelligent other life is on this planet, not just humans, and how we must understand and respect other life. Of course, me being a huge animal lover- lover of all animals, this also had an influence on my life decisions. It is a very gradual process but if I can do it, anyone can, considering I grew up on a heavy diet of red meat, other mammalian meat, bird meat and processed, unhealthy foods, also tons of dairy. My father had the belief in his head that we need it and will die without it. He believed it was the only true form of protein. Of course, he was greatly mistaken and is now suffering from a long list of disorders- ironically enough, because of his health, he is now almost vegetarian. To make a long story short, I was a pescetarian for a good 6 years, then transitioned to vegetarianism and am now finally a vegan and looking and feeling better than ever. It is great. My GI tract is working better than ever, my immune system is extremely strong and the tough fat that I wasn't able to burn off earlier in my life is now gone and I am very trim. Not to mention, the hair on my head that was once thinning is now thickened, and I owe that to the fact that I no longer have endogenous and exogenous hormones being introduced into my body from animal products (including organic which still has endogenous hormones!), it is these outside hormones from our diets that cause our natural balance to be thrown off- leading to aging, hair loss, and cancer.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-10-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or suggest off-board contact, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

Nice post. I must say though that i used to fear death not obsessively but still feared it abit but it just naturally went away.

Last edited by cryingforever; 04-10-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

I don't fear death. I fear the pain, suffering, disfigurement, helplessness, and indignity that frequently seem to precede it.
If they'd just legalize euthanasia, I'd never give death another thought.
But I guess a swift, painless, humane death, while acceptable for animals and serial killers on death row, is unacceptable for the average person.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User

Well, thanks again for your post. I'm in the process of switching myself to a vegetarian lifestyle. I'm glad I had the presence of mind to do it as a young adult, because I'd rather head off any type of disease than decide to after contracting one. As for the fear of death and dying, I suffer from panic attacks, so I guess they kind of go hand in hand. I'm hoping with all of the exercise I do, and new diet, that that problem will be solved as well. It is interesting reading these boards and seeing other people's thoughts and feelings, especially as they relate to death and dying. Good to know we're not alone. Hopefully healthy lifestyles will enable us to move on a little more peacefully.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Well I am not a vegetarian, sorry to say that...

However ever since I conquered my cancer, I realize it is easy to die or get sick seriously. really, it is so easy. Human beings are vulnerable. There is no need for suicide because we get sick easily.
I may be afraid of dying literally (like getting choked and etc...) but there is hospice to help people. To me, I think death is inevitable, not that I want to die.

I heard that if you are really religious, you think about heaven and all that, then you would not be so afraid of death. Some people say they don't want to go to hell.
I guess there are 2 factors here: one is how one dies literally, and the other one is where do we go after we die.
If a person can figure out these 2 factors without fear, then it is easier not to be afraid of death.
Just my 2 cents,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 04-15-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #8
(male)

tonyinhampshire HB User
Smile Re: For anyone afraid of death please read about what happened to me

Thank you for your post. It is interesting, we come into this World not through choice and go out in a short time ( compared to the age of the Earth ). I confronted death and saw many deaths around me through disease, accidents and suicide. I feared death for many years and then realised that my life is so long, it does not expand in years and is not guaranteed for so many years. Death is the next stage after this life. Its not morbid, I just feel that many people are afraid to talk about it even through it is as natural as being born.

As a society we seem to hide the sick in hospitals away from living and everyone else just gets on with life. We choose to hide this subject, even though we know that our lives are frigile, and could end in disease, etc

What you do in this life is important while you can still do it, reflect on your achievements. I know a ew people who just drifted through life while others achieved more in a much shorted timescale

tony

Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
(female)

CharacterLove HB User

Hi Spring Fever,

I fear death to an unfathomable level. So much so, it makes me have panic attacks, cry out of fear, and fall into a never-ending spiral that takes hours to get out of.

Seeking comfort brought me to your post. I'm a writer who has been uninspired for far too long now, and after reading your post, a new screenplay concept inspired by your story came to me. Is there any chance we could get in touch so I could ask further questions about your story? If not, I completely understand, as this is the Internet, however, just know that your words have inspired someone's next creative endeavour.

Thanks,
CharacterLove

Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Oneday while worrying about the traffic my husband was in, if my adult but in the rwenties kids were ok & my mom who lost my daddy to death after 60 yrs of marriage & hasnt coped well it hit me! ALL FEAR is a fear of loss! Think about this hard! In respect, money, love, loved ones dying, you dying. The only things we are ever have fearare fear of loss! Loss of job, loss of purse, loss of someone that you love losing love for you & on&on. Perfect love takes our fear away. So, think about what has been said about where does love go. I think it is all that remains,why we are here & you wont be afraid if you are loved & love others daily. It transcends like spring fever said. I would love to see your movie!

Closed Thread